+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

change tourist visa to working visa

haruko

Dec 30, 2010
if i enter canada with tourist visa, and its just happen that i find a job in canada. is it possible for me to acquire working visa without leaving canada? please someone answer my query. thank you and GOD bless!!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You would need the employer to get a labour market opinion for you so you can apply for a work permit.

If you come from a visa exempt country, that is you do not need a tourist visa, you are eligible to apply for your work permit at the border. This is the fastest way to get it. You would take your labour market opinion and $150 to the US border, cross and cross back and arrive in Canada again and get your work permit right away.

If you do not come from a visa exempt country, you are not eligible to apply at the border but if you were given a visit visa valid for 6 months or longer, you would be allowed to apply from inside Canada using internet or mail. This takes a bit longer. Looking at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp you see that a paper application is actually faster with 31 days, online 48 days. If you are not from a visa exempt country and they did not grant you a visit visa for 6 months, then you must leave Canada to apply for your work permit.

atazhee26

Jan 2, 2011
Hmm.. this post is useful. never thought that it will be possible with the help of the employer.. i will watch this post for more details.. happy new year!