+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of work location that is different from the TWP - For the SAME employer

yjcool1

Feb 24, 2012
Hi all,

I need to work in a remote construction site (BC) for about 6 month and then return to my current workplace (AB). But my TWP specific than "not authorized to work in any location other than stated".

What are the steps I need to take to work temporarily out of town and then return to the original work location?

Any idea would be appreciated as I'm supposed to leave in a week.

Thanks
Jie

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
This is just a suggestion as I don't have a link to refer you to, but when your employer applied for the LMO, did he get the name/contact for a CIC representative? Perhaps that person could be contacted for advice. At first I thought, no problem, same employer, but actually, this could be seen as a completely different JOB, which would have to be posted, etc.....I think you are wise to get official government clearance before moving. Let us know what you find out.

yjcool1

Feb 24, 2012
Hi Pippin,

Thanks for your thought. Yes, I have a Foreign Worker Officer's name and toll free telephone number on the LMO confirmation, I would advise my employer to contact them. I want to clarify that I'll be working in the same position but will just work at site, instead of in the office. My employer is consulting an immigration consultant at the same time.

I'll keep updated on my circumstances.

Jie