+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of NOC Code after ITA

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
I want to change NOC for one of my previous employment. Should I do that and explain in LOE or move to personal history since I still would have more than 3 years of work experience

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
CABA said:
I want to change NOC for one of my previous employment. Should I do that and explain in LOE or move to personal history since I still would have more than 3 years of work experience
I believe, as long as it doesnt effect your CRS points you can

RK.GK

Nov 1, 2016
CABA said:
i had a similar case, i initially created my Express Entry profile with NOC 2173 and after ITA while filling permanent residency application i realized that NOC 2174 was used for applying my work permit. since most of the job duties are same for 2173/2174 I did not face any issue due to this change in NOC post ITA. I did mention about this in letter of explanation.
My PR application is in approved status.

raviranjanec10

Feb 8, 2018
i had a similar case, i initially created my Express Entry profile with NOC 2173 and after ITA while filling permanent residency application i realized that NOC 2174 was used for applying my work permit. since most of the job duties are same for 2173/2174 I did not face any issue due to this change in NOC post ITA. I did mention about this in letter of explanation.
My PR application is in approved status.

Hi RK,

I also need to do the above change, if possible can you please send me sample Letter of explanation to raviranjanec10@gmail.com

Thanks

Instinct50

Apr 24, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-05-2018
Hi guys,
Please urgent help required. I have a bachelors and masters in Agricultural engineering. I chose NOC 2131 before ITA, Now i'm about to submit e-APR. Someone advised me to change it to 2231. I worked in a construction company for about 2 years this is what my employer wrote in the reference letter given to me:
Position: Site Pupil Engineer
1. Undertaking inspections, data collection and supervising civil and building construction work which include; clearing, earthworks, concrete work, block work, interlocking stones etc.
2. Participating in project engineering reviews, studies and site investigations.·
3. Working closely with all levels of management, engineers and field operations staff.·
4. Reporting on work progress and ensuring compliance with all project procedures and requirements.
5. Assist in preparing bids for tenders.·
6. Attending site meetings.

Please I would be grateful to get a response. I don't want to get a refusal due to wrong NOC.
Thanks alot.

raviranjanec10

Feb 8, 2018
Hello,

How did you explain change of NOC in LOE? Can you please mention it here. Thanks :)

Hi,

I started like " while creating my EE Profile , I had update NOC Code A. when i validated with my employer for NOC Code and job duties, its turned out that work permit issued is for NOC B. Hence, I have updated NOC as B".
Supporting Document- Employment letter along with NOC code.

Thanks

Reactions: arunk0811