+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Name legal documents required from wife Nigeria

gimmyle

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Hello All,
Please as part of the check-list , my wife change of name legal documents was asked for and we do not have such document as she uses marriage certificate to make the passport. But i will appreciate if anyone knows how we can get it from Nigeria.

Also, an employment letter was asked from Afribank which is not in operation any more. Is a letter of explanation enough for this?

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
gimmyle said:
Hello All,
Please as part of the check-list , my wife change of name legal documents was asked for and we do not have such document as she uses marriage certificate to make the passport. But i will appreciate if anyone knows how we can get it from Nigeria.

Also, an employment letter was asked from Afribank which is not in operation any more. Is a letter of explanation enough for this?
Probably need to get an affidavit of change of name. It can be done at most of the courts/registry in Lagos/Abuja, you will need your marriage certificate. passport photo for it to be done.

With regards to Afribank, probably get a former supervisor to write the letter, get it notarized and attach afribank business card, employment contract etc.

gimmyle

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
thanks i hope it will help. sorry i dont think she still have any contact with anyone there. Is there any way out

chymes

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sch A 12-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Passport Req..
12-04-2016
One_Topsy said:
Probably need to get an affidavit of change of name. It can be done at most of the courts/registry in Lagos/Abuja, you will need your marriage certificate. passport photo for it to be done.

With regards to Afribank, probably get a former supervisor to write the letter, get it notarized and attach afribank business card, employment contract etc.
High court affidavit, newspaper publication and marriage certificate showing her former name of course. Then for her job experience. .. get a letter signed off by a former supervisor working in the new bank afribank was merged to in their letter head and the supervisor's complimentary card. Also put in a LOE explaining Afribank is no more but ideally you should've have used the new bank's name for your application since they're the new afribank.