+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of job after CIC received my application, Do I have to inform??

Georgy

Sep 9, 2013
Dear all:

I applied from Bangladesh in last May. CIC recieved my application during the same month. however, from July onwards I changed my job and switched to another place.

As I received an email saying i should only notify regarding change of marital status, children status, or any change in email or mailing address; now I am confused whether I have to inform my job change status!

Does anybody know precisely about the issue? your help is highly appreciated. Thanks in Advance!

Geo

RomanSPb

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, AB, Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
01-DEC-2014
Med's Request
12-FEB-2014
Med's Done....
20-FEB-2014
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2014
LANDED..........
26-10-2015
Georgy said:
Dear all:

I applied from Bangladesh in last May. CIC recieved my application during the same month. however, from July onwards I changed my job and switched to another place.

As I received an email saying i should only notify regarding change of marital status, children status, or any change in email or mailing address; now I am confused whether I have to inform my job change status!

Does anybody know precisely about the issue? your help is highly appreciated. Thanks in Advance!

Geo
Have you received an AOR from your local visa office? You should update them with your new occupation, no need to send anything to CIO.

Georgy

Sep 9, 2013
I received an email from singapore visa office. is that an AOR? However, they did not particularly mention anything about informing job change.. Some lines included to inform strictly about change of marital or parenthood status, change of email or mail address, change of any immigration consultant, etc.

Any suggestion? How should I inform them about my job change? is there a problem if I am no longer maintaining the same sector in job?

Thanks in advance

Geo

mabmabs

Jun 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 july 2013
AOR Received.
PER 4 Oct 2013
Georgy said:
I received an email from singapore visa office. is that an AOR? However, they did not particularly mention anything about informing job change.. Some lines included to inform strictly about change of marital or parenthood status, change of email or mail address, change of any immigration consultant, etc.

Any suggestion? How should I inform them about my job change? is there a problem if I am no longer maintaining the same sector in job?

Thanks in advance

Geo
You must inform your visa office immediately through email and then send updated forms/new job offer letter, previous experience certificate etc to your visa office by mail.

RomanSPb

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, AB, Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
01-DEC-2014
Med's Request
12-FEB-2014
Med's Done....
20-FEB-2014
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2014
LANDED..........
26-10-2015
mabmabs said:
You must inform your visa office immediately through email and then send updated forms/new job offer letter, previous experience certificate etc to your visa office by mail.
Yes, that's true. The point is that the local visa office may conduct certain background checks and make verification calls to your employer(s). And if they find out you're not longer working there, this might trigger extra queries, requests for additional documents or, at worst, misrepresentation.

So it is better to write a cover letter saying you have changed your job and send it to the local visa office.

Sometimes it is possible to send messages and even upload additional documents online through the local visa office website. At least Warsaw visa office has such option.