+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of address in PR card

kissway

Jul 20, 2012
Hello everyone,
I'm a new immigrant (arrived last November 23, 2012) and presently staying in British Columbia. With my calculations, I will receive my PR card by 3rd week of January,but I've decided to move in Alberta as soon as possible. My question is, can I travel without my PR card? And I know that change of address is possible,but I don't know how to go about it. Please help. Thank you!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kissway said:
Hello everyone,
I'm a new immigrant (arrived last November 23, 2012) and presently staying in British Columbia. With my calculations, I will receive my PR card by 3rd week of January,but I've decided to move in Alberta as soon as possible. My question is, can I travel without my PR card? And I know that change of address is possible,but I don't know how to go about it. Please help. Thank you!
You don't need a PR card to travel in Canada. You can change your address on Ecas or by phoning the call centre 1-888-242-2100

crown

Oct 17, 2011
My situation is, we are outside of Canada (in USA) and our PR card issuance rejected because of photo not met with spec and resubmitting photos.

How should I send the photos from US to Canada ?
My friend you is helping us, going on vacation from this week and I am thinking to send the courier directly from US to CIC office in Canada, is there any harm ?

During this process, I am looking for another friend address to give CIC to receive our PR cards ? IS there any harm changing the address during photo re-submission process ?

Please help me !!!!!!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Assume you are holding American passport, you can drive to the Canadian border and rent a PO Box. While still in Canada, inform CIC your PO box address and forward the photos to them.

crown

Oct 17, 2011
My question is, if I send document's packet from USA via FedEx/UPS (still I use from address as my friend's address in Canada), is there any harm ? Did front office or processing people at CIC will going to notice that as this letter came from USA or other foreign country. If they notice, is there any harm ?

My friend will come back in 2 months, then cards will forward to me after when he get it.