+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

change my firstname, issue pr card with my new name

Fahvaz

Aug 10, 2014
Hi,
I will land to Montreal in the following month. I wonder if I could change my firstname and I don't know how&when&where to request it.
It would be appreciated if someone help me.
Regards

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are a new immigrant, you cannot get your name changed during your landing. You can change your contact address and phone #. The PR Card will be issued as shown in your COPR. However, you can discuss about the procedure of changing your name with the immigration officer ( not the CBSA officer at the arrival desk ) who will make your first welcome interview. Of course later you can get your first name changed, based on the proof of records.

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
Fahvaz said:
Hi,
I will land to Montreal in the following month. I wonder if I could change my firstname and I don't know how&when&where to request it.
It would be appreciated if someone help me.
Regards
This is my opinion only, but I think since you are not a citizen yet, you have to first change your home country passport to reflect your new name, this is probably done through the consulate of your country in Canada. I don't think you can change your name with Canadian government yer since PR card just reflects whatever your passport says... Once you become a citizen that is a completely new story, you can legally change your name as a Canadian... That is my opinion though, a person who knows something about law, but seniors can correct me if I am wrong...