+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change info from temp worker to PR should have 3 mths waiting period for OHIP?

kszhang

Nov 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
Hi Guys,

I originally have a work permit and a health card of temporary worker, and now I became a PR. I know I need to change my health card information for this. My question is, after I change the information, should I wait for another 3 months for PR health card to take effect OR I can use it right away?

If I need to wait, can I just not update this information and keep using the health card? Because I really need to visit the family doctor frequently this month...

Thank you in advance :)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
kszhang said:
Hi Guys,

I originally have a work permit and a health card of temporary worker, and now I became a PR. I know I need to change my health card information for this. My question is, after I change the information, should I wait for another 3 months for PR health card to take effect OR I can use it right away?

If I need to wait, can I just not update this information and keep using the health card? Because I really need to visit the family doctor frequently this month...

Thank you in advance :)
If you are already entitled to OHIP, there should be no need for a wait period as long as you have met the residency requirements.