+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in marital status

kreighj

Jan 24, 2021
Hello,
My application for work permit and temporary residence has been approved. I have not yet entered Canada, but my marital status changed.
Do I have to inform IRCC about the change in my marital status if my new spouse is not accompanying me to Canada and the change of status happened after my application has been approved?

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Hello,
My application for work permit and temporary residence has been approved. I have not yet entered Canada, but my marital status changed.
Do I have to inform IRCC about the change in my marital status if my new spouse is not accompanying me to Canada and the change of status happened after my application has been approved?
No.

Reactions: kreighj

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Thanks! Do I have to inform the officer at the border about this change when I enter Canada?
There is no need to disclose this event at the border as well.

I hope it helps.

as187

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
Hello,
I have a query regarding my PR application wrt change in marital status. At the time of submitting my PR application (Express entry federal skilled worker) I was single. Now my marital status have changed from single to married. I have received the PPR (passport request form). After receiving the PPR, I informed CIC through a webform that my marital status have changed from single to married. They have replied that I should add my spouse name by filling out some forms. I I have not yet sent the passport and not yet filled those forms for spouse addition because I have several doubts regarding this-
1. Is it mandatory to fill out these forms for spouse addition? If I do not fill this form, what will happen
2. If I fill this form - do I add my wife as a accompanying member or a non-accompanying member. Is it too late to add my wife as a accompanying member in this application. Also I cleared the CRS score cut-off only by 2 marks.
3. If I add my wife as accompanying member, will they recalculate the eligibility and CRS score for me
4. If I add my wife as a non-accompanying member, then what are the next steps to get VISA for my wife so that we both can migrate to Canada after receiving COPR. Currently we both are working in India.
5. Do I need to apply for a family sponsor visa for my wife? How much time it takes to get this VISA and what is the fees?
6. Can my wife apply independently for a PR under express entry FSW?
7. During the processing of family visa/fsw application of my wife, can my wife come to CANADA on a visitor VISA or work VISA? If she comes to CANADA on visitor visa and find a job in CANADA can she start working while the family visa application is in progress?