+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in marital status after getting PR

gminhas

Dec 1, 2016
Hi

I am a Canadian PR (residing in Canada) and am supposed to get married in August'18 in India.
My fiance (who resides in India) before she became my fiance had already applied in Express Entry (EE) under FSW category.
She recently got her passport request email. That means she will be getting her landing documents very soon. We are now planning to get her landing done after we get married i.e. in August'18, which will be 2 weeks after we get married.

Now in this situation, how should I tell CIC about the change of our marital status?
1. Should we wait for the landing day and when we touch Canada then we announce that we were married? OR
2. Inform CIC right away after I have my Marriage certificate?
OR
3. Is there any other option?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Gagandeep Singh

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

I am a Canadian PR (residing in Canada) and am supposed to get married in August'18 in India.
My fiance (who resides in India) before she became my fiance had already applied in Express Entry (EE) under FSW category.
She recently got her passport request email. That means she will be getting her landing documents very soon. We are now planning to get her landing done after we get married i.e. in August'18, which will be 2 weeks after we get married.

Now in this situation, how should I tell CIC about the change of our marital status?
1. Should we wait for the landing day and when we touch Canada then we announce that we were married? OR
OR

Thanks in advance

Regards
Gagandeep Singh
Hi

She needs to inform IRCC when she gets married.

gminhas

Dec 1, 2016
Thanks for replying!

We can surely do that. But will that delay anything? Will she be allowed to land on same visa, with me in august?
I mean, we both got our PRs individually. Nobody needs to get sponsored and no other formalities are required

Regards

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for replying!

We can surely do that. But will that delay anything? Will she be allowed to land on same visa, with me in august?
I mean, we both got our PRs individually. Nobody needs to get sponsored and no other formalities are required

Regards
After informing, IRCC requests spouse documents (Yours) to add on her documents.
Her current visa will be cancelled and IRCC issue new visa.

This may take some time but not much. They have to update your fiancee information and verify your status in Canada.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

OR

Thanks in advance

Regards
Gagandeep Singh
Do the ceremony in India? Sign the marriage cert in Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for replying!

Regards
She can still land. She just needs to make IRCC aware of the marriage beforehand.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
After informing, IRCC requests spouse documents (Yours) to add on her documents.
Her current visa will be cancelled and IRCC issue new visa.

This may take some time but not much. They have to update your fiancee information and verify your status in Canada.
Incorrect. OP is already a PR and does not need to be added to the app.

Reactions: paneka penalty

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
but doesn't OP has to be updated on spouse PR application?
When the spouse is already a Canadian citizen/PR, that means making IRCC aware of the marriage by sending a copy of the marriage certificate and proof of the spouse's status. No other documents are needed and they certainly don't need to cancel and reissue her visa and COPR.

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
I’m in the same situation. Got married on Dec 4th and approved for pr application on Dec 15th. Got portal email as my application was FSW inland but now in India and my spouse is an Indian citizen.
I got this question for further processing of my application.

Dear Client,

Some information is required for further processing of this application. You have indicated a change in your Marital Status and/or have requested to add a Dependent to your Permanent Resident application. Please choose Option Aor Option B and confirm the following information:

Option A: Spouse

• Confirm the status of your Spouse: Is your Spouse a Canadian Citizen, a Canadian Permanent Resident or a Foreign National?

• Provide the UCI Number for your Spouse if applicable:

• Confirm if you would like your Spouse to be added as Accompanying or Non-Accompanying.

Option B: Dependent(s)

• Confirm the status of your Dependent(s): Is your Dependent(s) a Canadian Citizen, a Canadian Permanent Resident or a Foreign National?

• Provide the UCI Number for your Dependent(s) if applicable:

• Confirm if you would like your Dependent(s) to be added as Accompanying or Non-Accompanying.

Please provide this information by replying to this email.

As I’m going back to Canada on Jan 17th,2023, what to choose ? Accompanying or Non Accompanying?? I’m travelling alone as my spouse doesn’t have any visa but i want her to come with me asap.

Please help!!