+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in job status

Citznapp

Oct 30, 2018
Hi,
I have a question regarding my situation of job.
When I applied for citizenship 6 months back I had a contract job which recently my got over. Now I am searching for a new job.
I am trying to find on CIC website, the conditions when an applicant has to inform cic about the changes but not able to find any.
Could anyone please suggest:
1. Should I inform CIC on my job situation. If I do, will it delay my application. Currently it is 'In progress' and am yet to get a test invite.
2. Is there any link on CIC wewhere all such conditions are mentioned

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
Hi,
When I applied for citizenship 6 months back I had a contract job which recently my got over. Now I am searching for a new job.
I am trying to find on CIC website, the conditions when an applicant has to inform cic about the changes but not able to find any.
1. Should I inform CIC on my job situation. If I do, will it delay my application. Currently it is 'In progress' and am yet to get a test invite.
You can tell IRCC about this change during your citizenship interview.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Hi,
At the time of applying for Citizenship application I was having a Part time job. But after a few months I met with a problem of shoulder tendonitis wherein I had to quit my job . I informed IRCC thru webform and they noted the same as per their reply.
You can update them thru webform.

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
Hi,
The most important is the truthfulness of the information you provided at the time you filled out the form.
Any further changes in your situation can be notified to IRCC during your interview.
Like myself, I informed IRCC about my marital status change from separated to divorced during my interview.

Citznapp

Oct 30, 2018
Thank you all for your replies.
I also called CIC to ask them about my situatuon. They mentioned that there is no need to inform them in this case as I am already a PR and change in job doesnt matter to them.

ray1022

Oct 12, 2017
Thank you all for your replies.
I also called CIC to ask them about my situatuon. They mentioned that there is no need to inform them in this case as I am already a PR and change in job doesnt matter to them.
That update is such a relief. I was really worried.