+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in appearance!

robinsinghsobti

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Hi friends,

I'm a Sikh and used to wear a turban(religious headgear), which is there in my PR card, Indian passport, and my old documents. However, now I don't wear it anymore and have my new appearance in my driver's license and health card photos. Do I need to explain anything?
Although I can get the citizenship photos clicked with headgear on, I think it's better to get my latest appearance captured in photos for citizenship.

Are there any issues with this? Please share your thoughts.

Thanks for your advice.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
I think they are aware of this situation and that is why one of the requirements is to have your picture taken in the last 6 months ( appearance can change a lot in one year for some people). How you look like 10 or 5 years ago is not really what matters to them. If your actual appearance is close or similar to your DL and healthcare card I think you should be ok. Please consider this as a personal opinion.

robinsinghsobti

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
I think they are aware of this situation and that is why one of the requirements is to have your picture taken in the last 6 months ( appearance can change a lot in one year for some people). How you look like 10 or 5 years ago is not really what matters to them. If your actual appearance is close or similar to your DL and healthcare card I think you should be ok. Please consider this as a personal opinion.
It makes sense. Thank you for your suggestion.

IKRAMPATEL79

Jan 21, 2024
My passport renewal application is returned with "CHANGE IN APPEARANCE" reason. Since it is renewal, it only happens once after 10 years and definitely the appearance would change after 10 years, but its no where mentioned on BLS Intl website.
Now the application is returned asking to provide declaration on a plain paper. "KINDLY PROVIDE DECLARATION ON A PLAIN PAPER FOR CHANGE IN APPEARANCE."
Is the declaration required only on plain paper or an affidavit with notary is mandatory ? kindly help.