+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in Address - Any impact ?

Duke

Star Member
Aug 2, 2011
Hi,

I have applied for CEC when I was in canada in AUG-11. I got my AOR and medical request.

Unfortunetly, I need to move out from canada , as my work permit extension has been rejected in DEC. I want to change the address to my Indian address.

Currently, I am waiting for medical request for my wife, as with orginal medical request, we did't get her section A form due to mistake of CIC person. Even though we didn;t get her medical form, she went through medical exam along with me. DMP has sent them results. But CIC people say that they have received my medical report but not for my wife.

We have sent CIC with medical receipts and other document to proove that she went through medical test.

Now suppose they ask me for new medical for her , then she must have to go for that in India only. So, I am thinking to change the address to indian address.

So changing of address to indian one have any problem or impact ? my file is being processed by CPP-Ottawa.

Also, suppose if we don;t change our address means keeping the canadian address only, can we do her medical test in India ? as section A form having address of canada?

Any exeperience in this matters would really appreciated.

Regards,
Duke.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Duke said:
Also, suppose if we don;t change our address means keeping the canadian address only, can we do her medical test in India ? as section A form having address of canada?

Regards,
Duke.
I recommend this option. She can do medical in India but ensure the DMP do not send the report New Delhi. You should fax or send a copy of the medical request letter to her to show to DMP.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Duke said:
Unfortunetly, I need to move out from canada , as my work permit extension has been rejected in DEC. I want to change the address to my Indian address.

Also, suppose if we don;t change our address means keeping the canadian address only...
Hi Duke -Informing CIC of your change of address is not an "option", it is required. Look, CIC will know your work permit has expired, so if they think you're still in Canada, it'll look like you have overstayed your visa - not a good thing... Have you considered applying to restore status/changing status to Visitor?

As for the medical exam - It does not matter where in the world you are or happen to be, your wife can get the ME done... If the address is incorrect on the form, you can ask the ME to correct it or provide a cover letter with the change of address info. If you think a DMP in India will have a problem with that, try to get it done before you leave Canada.

I suppose you've already tried this, but have you asked the DMP to re-send the results? (No, I don't know if they can do this or not). With some luck CPP-Ottawa will "find" your wife's exam results, but given your situation, I would probably just try to do it again ASAP...

sapgms

Nov 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-10-2011
File Transfer...
22-02-2012
Med's Request
03-10-2011
Med's Done....
02-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2012
LANDED..........
15-05-2012
I am in a similar condition and I am traveling back to India on 29th Dec. I did my medicals, I asked one of my friend to be my representative for me and I am changing my address to his address.
(I red some where in forum if we change address from Canada to India it will take more than expected time).
My time lines are application sent on June 21 AOR received on OCT 3 and Medicals done on Nov 2 and sent to Ottawa on NOV 9.

I wish I could receive my PPR before leaving to India!

Pouce

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
science
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2011
Med's Request
21-Sep-2011
Med's Done....
16-NOv-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-Aug-2012
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2012
hi can i ask why your work permit extention is rejected?

sapgms

Nov 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-10-2011
File Transfer...
22-02-2012
Med's Request
03-10-2011
Med's Done....
02-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2012
LANDED..........
15-05-2012
my WP not rejected but I am moving out from Canada, I may come back later if I receive my PR.
Do we need to inform CIC about moving out from Canada?

Please let me know.

lit_hamster

Apr 16, 2013
sapgms said:
I am in a similar condition and I am traveling back to India on 29th Dec. I did my medicals, I asked one of my friend to be my representative for me and I am changing my address to his address.
(I red some where in forum if we change address from Canada to India it will take more than expected time).
My time lines are application sent on June 21 AOR received on OCT 3 and Medicals done on Nov 2 and sent to Ottawa on NOV 9.

I wish I could receive my PPR before leaving to India!
Hi, so what's the final result? will change address affect the processing of your application?

JBLoknath

Star Member
Feb 11, 2013
To
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Jul-2012
AOR Received.
14-Aug-2012
Med's Request
06-Apr-2013
Med's Done....
14-Apr-2013
Passport Req..
16-May-2013
No. Address change has no bearing on your application (to best of this forum's knowledge).
:) However, do not try to visit Syria now. CIC might be delaying your application till the war is over :)