+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change course in same colleges after arriving in Canada (September 2014) help.

rahul247rocks

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
6-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
I am a little confused and I need people with visa experiences to help me out here. The thing is I have been accepted in interactive media management as well as international business management program (both 1 year) at Sheridan College.

Now, my bank already paid fees for interactive media management but I really want to do international business management since it has co-op. My counselor said hat my visa might be rejectd since IBM is not directly related to my previous education, bsc. Multimedia and animation.

My question is, can I changere course after arriving in Canada. If so, will it cause any problem in my PGWP when they see that I have been given study permit from one course and changed to another course after arriving.

Someone please help me out. I think college will adjust my tuition fees with the new course. But my main concern is since I am in same college and same duration can this step be taken without any problem.

rahul247rocks

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
6-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
someone please help me out guys!

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-1-2014
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2014
LANDED..........
2 Aug 2014
rahul247rocks said:
I am a little confused and I need people with visa experiences to help me out here. The thing is I have been accepted in interactive media management as well as international business management program (both 1 year) at Sheridan College.

Now, my bank already paid fees for interactive media management but I really want to do international business management since it has co-op. My counselor said hat my visa might be rejectd since IBM is not directly related to my previous education, bsc. Multimedia and animation.

My question is, can I changere course after arriving in Canada. If so, will it cause any problem in my PGWP when they see that I have been given study permit from one course and changed to another course after arriving.

Someone please help me out. I think college will adjust my tuition fees with the new course. But my main concern is since I am in same college and same duration can this step be taken without any problem.
Well EARLIER i.e before 1 June
It was like that one can change his course irrespective of his visa.Its better to apply for a course for which you have more chances of visa n if you get the visa then change your course from your homecountry only bcs no one knows wen the seats will become ful.
But I DONT KNOW that after 1 June whether they are keepinh the record of courses also.
if they are then you cant change n if they are not then you are free to change.So read the new rules.

dreamzzz

Star Member
Mar 20, 2014
canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
16-june-2016
Med's Done....
passed 12-july-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2015
acc. to new rules, the conditions o ur study permit will be written on ur visa, like,,, u can study in this state only, this university/college only or this course only. so it depends on the conditions written on permit. as long as u satisfy the conditions u can do what ever u want.

for ex ur sp says-- u can study any university or college in ontario at masters level only--so u can change course and college/university as long as its a master course---in short--u have to follow the rules wriiten on the permit--hope that helps

hellolondon

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
My opinion is, the students still have the liberty to change courses/institutions. But prior to June 1st, at the post secondary level, there was no need to notify the change to CIC, but post June 1st, it will be the responsibility of the student to notify any change to the CIC directly and thats it. We can still change but should notify to the CIC.

Look for other members' opinion too.

rahul247rocks

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
6-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
My plan is to change to a business course in the same college...maybe I will stick with same level of study (Ontario College Graduate Certificate).