Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hii can someone please clarify can we change our college after getting visa
If i have chosen college in toronto and want to move to BC so can we?
Ielts score also required in this?

Neez

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaiveer Singh said:
According to CIC:

For post-secondary students

- You may change your school, program and/or field of study without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid.

- If you are changing your level of study (e.g., bachelor's to master's), you do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either.

Pachu

Jun 6, 2013
Jaiveer Singh said:
Hi Jaiveer

You can change your school and there is no restriction.

ajohnson

Mar 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Neez said:
According to CIC:

- You may change your school, program and/or field of study without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid.

- If you are changing your level of study (e.g., bachelor's to master's), you do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either.
This is very useful information. Thank you

imkrk

Oct 10, 2012
Neez said:
According to CIC:

Very useful info :) thanks for sharing..I had got admit from PGDIPLOMA and yet to get masters admit from nyit (conditional).Previously i had a doubt whether can i change if i go with pgdpiloma for visa..everything is cleared now..

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How can i get LOA from douglas college. Can you please help if its comfortable for you?
you mean to say i can have LOA fromBC college and on arrival i can send this LOA to niagra college and they will transfer the fees?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How can i get LOA from douglas college. Can you please help if its comfortable for you?
The same way you got your LOA from Niagara College. Start with Douglas college site.

you mean to say i can have LOA fromBC college and on arrival i can send this LOA to niagra college and they will transfer the fees?
No, you have to claim the refund from Niagara college and pay to Douglas.

HAve you seen this on Douglas college site?
IELTS - Minimum overall band test score 6.5 (Academic Module Only)
http://www.douglas.bc.ca/services/international-education/admissions.html

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@regina

Thank you so much for such a valueable information. I have few questions:-

1. Douglas college accept 6.5 bands and i have 6 overall still they can accept my application.

2. On website for may-august intake 15 feb is last date for submission?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Douglas college accept 6.5 bands and i have 6 overall still they can accept my application.
Is it ACADEMIC Ielts?

They could accept your application but suggest you take some ESL courses before or together with your chosen program.

If they write on website for may-august intake 15 Feb is last date for submission then that what they mean.

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes it is Academics

It is important to do ESL? What is its significance?

Yes 15 feb date i am not able to understand this concept. I have seen this date on a link you posted above

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is important to do ESL? What is its significance?
if your ielts is academic and 6.5. they could accept it as it is. If your IELTS is not Academic but only General or only 6.0, they could offer you as the terms of accepting you into program to take couple of ESL to IMPROVE your English.

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
Jaiveer Singh said:

• You may change your school, program and/or field of study without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid.

• If you are changing your level of study (e.g., bachelor’s to master’s), you do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=487&t=15

IELTS score will be the requirement of your new school (if any) and not by the CIC.

leoguy

Feb 25, 2014
usman_14pk said:
  • You may change your school, program and/or field of study without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid.

• If you are changing your level of study (e.g., bachelor's to master's), you do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either.

IELTS score will be the requirement of your new school (if any) and not by the CIC.
WHAT IF WE CHANGE THE COURSE IN THE SAME INSTITUTION AFTER GETTING VISA??

SUPPOSE IF SOME ONE GETS VISA ON A PG CERTIFICATE basis and after getting visa change his course to PG diploma in the same institution..does the same rules apply in this case as mentioned above?