+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

chandigarh processing time exceeded

sphvnx

Apr 6, 2015
ive applied TRV visa on 8th july it was forward on 10th july but no response yet. my application status still being same. anybody else got the result who applied in july for visitor visa?

abdullah1982

May 19, 2014
Hi

Sphinx
Where you apply from
And how much strong your case

I apply from 18 of May and till now nothing
I applied from Abu Dhabi

shivanidixit123

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-March-2013
AOR Received.
7-April-2013
File Transfer...
18 April-2013
Med's Done....
Medical Received on 24th Dec. 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP - 31st October .... Decision Made - 22nd Feb 2014
LANDED..........
Very soooooooooooooooooon
sphvnx said:
ive applied TRV visa on 8th july it was forward on 10th july but no response yet. my application status still being same. anybody else got the result who applied in july for visitor visa?
We applied for my brother, sister in law and cousin's sister TRV application July 17, 2015.

Brother and sister in law - Visa stamped on July 30th, passports received.

Still waiting for sister's visa - The tracking number says it's in process.

sphvnx

Apr 6, 2015
abdullah1982 said:
Hi

Sphinx
Where you apply from
And how much strong your case

I apply from 18 of May and till now nothing
I applied from Abu Dhabi
Punjab, India
yeah i got family sponsership. we suppose to visit canada for upcoming festival

sphvnx

Apr 6, 2015
shivanidixit123 said:
We applied for my brother, sister in law and cousin's sister TRV application July 17, 2015.

Brother and sister in law - Visa stamped on July 30th, passports received.

Still waiting for sister's visa - The tracking number says it's in process.
congrats for ur brother and sister in law.
where did u apply?

shivanidixit123

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-March-2013
AOR Received.
7-April-2013
File Transfer...
18 April-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sphvnx said:
congrats for ur brother and sister in law.
where did u apply?
Thanks dear, they all applied through the paper application in Chandigarh VFS

shivanidixit123

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-March-2013
AOR Received.
7-April-2013
File Transfer...
18 April-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
This whole thing is so stupid. It has been 25 calendar days since we applied and still it's in process. I am tired of this wait now. The website itself says 16 calendar days and no one has the answer to what is going on with these people. My sister has to return back before September 1st if she gets the visa and that's what we did write in the application as well. At least, they should put us on one side. I took off from my workplace as they need to know 3 weeks before.

I am really frustrated with Canadian Embassy. No work pattern and so unpredictable. I am so damn annoyed. Even if my sister gets the visa now, she can't come visit me for just 10 days, coz it does not make sense to buy a 2000 dollars ticket for 10 days.

These people have no emotions, another year gone and I couldn't meet my family. I always have bad experience with Canadian diplomats.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
shivanidixit123 said:
This whole thing is so stupid. It has been 25 calendar days since we applied and still it's in process. I am tired of this wait now. The website itself says 16 calendar days and no one has the answer to what is going on with these people. My sister has to return back before September 1st if she gets the visa and that's what we did write in the application as well. At least, they should put us on one side. I took off from my workplace as they need to know 3 weeks before.

I am really frustrated with Canadian Embassy. No work pattern and so unpredictable. I am so damn annoyed. Even if my sister gets the visa now, she can't come visit me for just 10 days, coz it does not make sense to buy a 2000 dollars ticket for 10 days.

These people have no emotions, another year gone and I couldn't meet my family. I always have bad experience with Canadian diplomats.
Hi Shivani,

CIC has certain procedures to follow.... sometimes additional checks are required which can delay a decision.... or it could just be that the visa office has a high volume of applications to process.

Not just for Canada but when applying for visit visas of any country.... one must plan and submit the visa application well in advance before the planned travel date.

In the case of your cousin, she has a previous TRV refusal.... she has not traveled abroad earlier.... she has probably graduated recently.... no assets on her name.... she will start work only after her Canada visit. It is possible that these reasons are delaying a decision in her case.

You getting *damn annoyed*..... or by you posting disparaging/negative remarks about CIC and Canadian diplomats will not expedite a decision.

You'll have to be patient and wait

Cheers :)

shivanidixit123

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-March-2013
AOR Received.
7-April-2013
File Transfer...
18 April-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Bryanna said:
Hi Shivani,

CIC has certain procedures to follow.... sometimes additional checks are required which can delay a decision.... or it could just be that the visa office has a high volume of applications to process.

Not just for Canada but when applying for visit visas of any country.... one must plan and submit the visa application well in advance before the planned travel date.

In the case of your cousin, she has a previous TRV refusal.... she has not traveled abroad earlier.... she has probably graduated recently.... no assets on her name.... she will start work only after her Canada visit. It is possible that these reasons are delaying a decision in her case.

You getting *damn annoyed*..... or by you posting disparaging/negative remarks about CIC and Canadian diplomats will not expedite a decision.

You'll have to be patient and wait

Cheers :)
Yes i am *damn annoyed* and this is how people express their feelings. A normal human being will have emotions like anger, anxiety and would want some emotional support from people going through the similar situation. Yes, we should have done everything in advance but you don't the whole situation. So please don't try to justify what CIC is. I have dealt with them before for my PR as well. By saying no work pattern means that my brother who has the same case like my sister got his visa in less than 2 weeks time. The only difference in his situation is that he got married few months back. He was also denied once, not much travel history. In fact his denial reasons were more than my sister's denial reasons.

I am no one to comment on CIC's work, but it is completely fine to share your real emotions and expect comforting words in return.

Thanks!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
shivanidixit123 said:
Yes i am *damn annoyed* and this is how people express their feelings. A normal human being will have emotions like anger, anxiety and would want some emotional support from people going through the similar situation. Yes, we should have done everything in advance but you don't the whole situation. So please don't try to justify what CIC is. I have dealt with them before for my PR as well. By saying no work pattern means that my brother who has the same case like my sister got his visa in less than 2 weeks time. The only difference in his situation is that he got married few months back. He was also denied once, not much travel history. In fact his denial reasons were more than my sister's denial reasons.

I am no one to comment on CIC's work, but it is completely fine to share your real emotions and expect comforting words in return.

Thanks!!
Hi Shivani,

There is no point in venting your anger on me..... nor in directing your frustrations towards me. I am not the visa officer.

I tried to explain the possible reasons for the delay in my previous post to you. Someone can choose to see the glass as half full, whilst others may see it as half empty.

Yes, we have seen several people here who are/have been in similar situations like yourself..... who express their feelings without using strong language/condescending towards CIC.... and who get *comforting words* and empathy in return from other members

Good luck

sphvnx

Apr 6, 2015
shivanidixit123 said:

i agree with you on that. this whole thing is stupid actually. i hope india reach to level where it doesn't need visa for to visit other country or atleast it should be visa on arrival. canadian embassy need to realise they should get applications done within given time period. it is like being stuck and no where to travel if want to before getting passport back. WHAT if there is any emergency case if somebody family member in serious condition but they have to go thru whole process unlike CANADIAN/UNITED STATES CITIZENS. VISAS SHOULD BE ON ARRIVAL FOR INDIAN NATIONALITY. ITS TIME FOR CHANGE LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN.

i am fed up with waiting. i suppose to travel for festival within upcoming week but it has been over a month no response :( :(

Rupinder1308

Jun 4, 2015
U r reading processing time wrong and it is updated quarterly it is not saying that 100% decisions made within 16 days
When u r checking processing time it is for the whole year and it clearly says on 80% application decision was made in particular period.
As it's clear that May to September a some of embassy staff is on vacation because of which application process gets delay.
It is clearly mention on CIC website that apply atleast 3 month prior to your departure date.
You have applied now let visa officer to do their work.

Calgary_Man

Dec 28, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M/New Delhi
NOC Code......
SPOUSAL VISA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-MARCH-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
AOR1- 23-JUNE-2014, AOR2 - 02-JULY-2014, IP - 19-SEPT-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
23-JUNE-2014
Med's Request
FILED WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
21 FEB 2014
Interview........
INTERVIEW - WAIVED, DM - 14 OCT, 2014
Passport Req..
13 OCT, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 21, 2014
LANDED..........
NOV 10, 2014
Hi folks,
Where do you read about processing days / delays due to possible vacation? All these things are inaccurate, unpredictable. Why do these officers have no additional responsibility unlike other rest of the world working staff? An xyz application for usa visa is much quicker and transparent with interview.
I wonder why there is NO interview placed, yes its an option why isnt is applicable. Also on what moral grounds do they reject an application of a visitor whose child is expecting..? Is this what we bring our spouses here for? Why has there been NO action taken ? The no of unhappy people of canada keeps increasing yet we havent raised our voices to concerned authorities. They dont attend you at your local canadian embassy. Phone line doesnt work either, they dont reply to your email, rather reply with ur email has been deleted.
Its BUT obvious one gets frustated with this system and i hope we have a better system in place and we replace this SLACK team of officers! Pardon my lang but some of u here are very judgemental, pls dont until u know someones full story. Long story short we have 2 months in advance, got rejected with a reply in 35 days, reapplied and its been 40 days and still pending. My spouse is expected anytime, we have faith but its QUITE Dissapointing to see cic working pattern. Its not my first time application, i know this system for 12 yrs now. Its frustating everytime.
Thank u for ur time.

abdullah1982

May 19, 2014
Clgary-man

I am talking in behalf of my self only

com on man

I am just visitor I am not Canadian or planing to stay in canada other wise I will plan to immigrate but we don't even think of immigrant to canada

CIC can accept or reject any of us without reason even
It's there country and they know the right and wrong

I hope all of our problem will be solve soon

Good luck to all of you

Calgary_Man

Dec 28, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M/New Delhi
NOC Code......
SPOUSAL VISA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-MARCH-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
AOR1- 23-JUNE-2014, AOR2 - 02-JULY-2014, IP - 19-SEPT-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
23-JUNE-2014
Med's Request
FILED WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
21 FEB 2014
Interview........
INTERVIEW - WAIVED, DM - 14 OCT, 2014
Passport Req..
13 OCT, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 21, 2014
LANDED..........
NOV 10, 2014
first of all, my comments are my opinion and are not related to you or anyones problems.
time and enough i have had this conversation and in the end we talk as helpless people! why? we pay taxes to this country we ought to get an answer from authorities.!