+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

chances to inmigrate to vancouver

jamoya

Mar 3, 2008
hi everyone,
this is my story : i am a spaniard (european) , with a bachelor´s degree on economics, i lived in london and ireland for a year to improve my english, so now its very fluent (and more because my girlfriend is canadian (which helps a lot). i went for a month on holidays there and i fell in love with the city . im working now for an international company (DHL EXPRESS) as a customer service agent. and i would love to know whiches are my chances to get a skilled work visa, how to find a job there from spain ( im already trying to get transfered from my company).
thanks for your help in advanced.
javier

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Your best chance at getting a job here is through a company transfer.

Otherwise, take the online assessment to see if you qualify as a skilled worker:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assess/index.asp

jamoya

Mar 3, 2008
thanks, i check that link time ago, im not sure about few question , but mostly i have the score they ask. but my question is, even if i get that visa? i can only go there if i first have a job offer, right? is there any way , beside transfer, like cpecific webs o anything to get a job there?
thanks

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
If you are granted a PR visa, you can go to Canada without a job. You probably want to try to find a job pretty quickly because it's expensive to live here. But you don't need a job before you arrive.

J

johnyun78

why dont u and your girlfriend just get married..
I believe this is the best and for sure 100% u will get
a PR within 8-12mths time....is stated on the CIC website

Mar 15, 2008
With a BS in Economics you can get a better job than customer service agent.
Have you tried to brush up your skills and apply for positions far and wide?
Or is this a temporary job? Sorry for being off topic, it is just that
with this degree you can probably immigrate in the skilled worker category
if the job suits your degree, which does not seem to be true in your case