+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of visa

angadi

Jun 20, 2012
10th - 89
12th - 94
B.Tech (electrical and electronics) - 64
ielts - 6.5
planning to go for ITD (graduate diploma in Information technology)

Could you please help me on what will be the chances of visa for my profile.

dawood2k

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
academic percentage is strong if u choose a relevant course matching your previous studies and have strong finance then there should not be a problem..

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
angadi said:
10th - 89
12th - 94
ielts - 6.5

If you have met visa requirements and you don't have course mismatch, you are gona get your visa soon. You should write an SOP explaining why you want to study this course and what will be your future after studying this course. In your SOP show the passion and show that you know the details about the indented course that's how you will overcome all the concerns of VO and will get your visa.

angadi

Jun 20, 2012
so should i change my course to electrical or electronics (which was my previous study). please suggest me or should i go with ITD ( for information technology). but will that raise an issue of course mismatch?

seic1991

Jul 6, 2012
well i am from commerce background , so i don't know whether there is link between electrical and IT ,please compare both and then opt. ;)

acca247

Mar 28, 2011
Visa Office......
CDHC,LAGOS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
RECEIVED ON 4TH APRIL,2011
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
Med's Request
13TH JULY,2011
Med's Done....
26TH JULY,2011
Interview........
4TH JULY,2011
Passport Req..
SUBMITTED TO CDHC ON 27TH JULY,2011
Well,you have already gotten good response from the posters above.

candyman2121

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
angadi said:
10th - 89
12th - 94
ielts - 6.5

Hey man SOP is the key for success in Canadian visa...Just make a original SOP without too much jargon and they will certainly grant you a visa...I had a gap and a lower academic profile and a course change but I made a strong SOP and they granted me a visa....Just make sure your SOP dont look like it is made by a HR professional...Just tell them your story and be original and you should be ok..

angadi

Jun 20, 2012
so can we go with our desired course with a strong sop even if previous course is not relevant.

candyman2121

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
angadi said:
so can we go with our desired course with a strong sop even if previous course is not relevant.

Course mismatch is a huge issue in Canadian immigration but if you can properly explain why you are actually changing your course than it can increase your chances for approval..

desistudent09

Feb 27, 2012
Dear ALL,
IELTS IS A REQUIREMENT OF COLLEGE 1ST AND THAN CHC BUT ONLY 6 OVERALL, THE MAIN THING THEY ARE LOOKING FOR IS GENUINE STUDENT AND COURSE RELEVANCY, SO DO NOT WORRY JUST GO AHEAD , CONSULTANTS IN CHD. (....LOLZ....) NO WORDS , THEY ALL ARE GOOD STORY MAKER , THEY MAKES THERE OWN RULES TO GET MORE AND MORE MONEY..... SO SAY HAR HAR MAHADEV AND DROP UR FILE IN VFS CANADA CHD. OR DELHI , ONE MORE THING I EXPERIENCED WAS THAT IF YOUR FILE REACHED AT (SEC 17A) INSTEAD TO THE DELHI CONSULATE , VISA CHANCES ARE MORE IN SEC. 17 ..... BEST OF LUCK TO ALL , DO NOT PUT TOO MANY DOCUMENTS OK JUST POINT TO POINT , FOLLOW YOUR OWN BRAIN BCZ HE IS THE BEST FRIEND OF HUMAN BEING .... THANKS
REGARDS
DESISTUDENT
CU IN TORONTO :)

angadi

Jun 20, 2012
is it late to file visa in the first week of august. actually my college will be starting on 1st October.

angadi

Jun 20, 2012
please advise me. i have a toefl score of 87 but now am taking ielts and its getting late for this. can i go with toefl for visa and i have taken toefl in prometric (one of the genuine centers for toefl). will that pose any problem for visa

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
angadi said:
is it late to file visa in the first week of august. actually my college will be starting on 1st October.
If classes are starting from 1st October then you won't be late for visa. your file will be processed timely.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
angadi said:
please advise me. i have a toefl score of 87 but now am taking ielts and its getting late for this. can i go with toefl for visa and i have taken toefl in prometric (one of the genuine centers for toefl). will that pose any problem for visa
If you are applying under SPP then IELTS is must. However, if you are applying for university category you can show TOEFL but IELTS is preferred.