+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of getting a Visa on PG diploma courses

Naseq

Sep 26, 2011
Hi Friends,
I have been searching a lot forums for some help regarding PG diploma courses and chances of getting a Visa and settling in Canada after the course.
I completed my graduation ( Btech Electronics and communication ) in 2010 and I have been working with a reputed MNC in India from the past one year , I'm planning to do masters in management information system, network security. however, my academics isn't good. I have 56% in my Btech.
So a consultant suggested me to go for PG diploma course in information system management.
I would like to know if I'm eligible to get a VISA, if so then what are the options to settle in Canada as permanent residents.
I would appreciate, if you can help me with some good universities and some other courses which you may think is good for me to get a Visa and settle in Canada.
Thank you.

lovepreet

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
Mars
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Naseq said:
Hi Friends,
I have been searching a lot forums for some help regarding PG diploma courses and chances of getting a Visa and settling in Canada after the course.
I completed my graduation ( Btech Electronics and communication ) in 2010 and I have been working with a reputed MNC in India from the past one year , I'm planning to do masters in management information system, network security. however, my academics isn't good. I have 56% in my Btech.
So a consultant suggested me to go for PG diploma course in information system management.
I would like to know if I'm eligible to get a VISA, if so then what are the options to settle in Canada as permanent residents.
I would appreciate, if you can help me with some good universities and some other courses which you may think is good for me to get a Visa and settle in Canada.
Thank you.
You are eligible to get a visa as long as you have an offer letter and fulfil other requirements,just as it applies to everyone else. If you study one year program you would get work permit no more than a year. 1 year Program = 1 year work permit, 2 year Program = 3 years work permit. You would have quite some options available after you finish your education. You are encouraged to explore this forum and read other threads/posts/categories like CEC (Canadian experience class) to get an idea of different options open to you. Exploring and reading other posts would help you choose a university and make a successful decision.

All the best

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Naseq said:
Hi Friends,
Thank you.

Hi,

Your consultant suggested you a Post Graduate diploma but why not a Master program ? simply because its “IMPOSSIBLE” for any consultant/agent to have tie up with any Canadian University for a Master level program. Universities in Canada "DO NOT" entertain any agent/consultant for a Master level course. Merit is the only criteria for getting in such program. Your agent is only making excuse over your marks. He is only trying to make business out of you.

You have 56 percent which means “Higher Second Class” and many B grade Universities in Canada accept Higher Second Class as a Cut off. Keep in mind, Visa rejection is very high for PG Diploma and Certificate courses (Not for full Undergraduate and Master Degree course).

Google and Bingo is your best friend, NOT your Consultant, so search on it.

http://www.canadian-universities.net/Programs/index.html

prashant1111

Star Member
Apr 19, 2013
I got rejection for Jan 2014 for Dalhousie University Sad.. the reason of refusal:your proposed stdies r nt reasonable in light of 1 or more of: ur qualifications, previous stdies, employment , level of establishment, language abilities, or ur future propects and plans.
I got admission in dalhousie UNI for M.engg in internetworking. my profile is B.E (E&C) 58% (10 backlogs with repeatation) and an year gap during U.G means B.E completed in 5 years. IELTS- 6.5 (min 6 in each),also my final year project was on networking and I have also submitted a certificate from a private institute of N+, CCNA, MCSE where I have done training of these networking courses .. sufficient funds shown, but SOP was very poor... applied under university category.. now how to resolve this issue with this profile?? plz guide me, I am desparately looking for help on this as I want to re-apply soon for the same intake..

samreenali81

Mar 13, 2016
Hi there,
I have done my Masters in Food Safety & Control from London, UK and now I am interested to apply for a PG diploma in Food & Nutrition Management in any college in Toronto, Canada. I need to know the chances of getting a student visa on a PG diploma course? Moreover, I would like my husband and toddler to come with me to Canada. Is it possible if they travel with me? O should I apply first and obtain a student visa and then my spouse should apply for his and my child's visas?

Kindly someone provide me with your expert advice,as I am very confused.

Thanks in advance.

balurc

Dec 27, 2018
Hi there,
I have done my Masters in Food Safety & Control from London, UK and now I am interested to apply for a PG diploma in Food & Nutrition Management in any college in Toronto, Canada. I need to know the chances of getting a student visa on a PG diploma course? Moreover, I would like my husband and toddler to come with me to Canada. Is it possible if they travel with me? O should I apply first and obtain a student visa and then my spouse should apply for his and my child's visas?

Kindly someone provide me with your expert advice,as I am very confused.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I have the issue as you are..did you got your visa?