+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of getting a Student visa at age of 30 after doing job for nearly 8 year

devganvishal

Oct 19, 2013
I have done B.tech in computer science in 2008 .After completing my studies I have done a job in MNC for 2 years. In 2010 I got a job in state Government and presently I am doing the same job.

I just want to explore my chances of getting a student visa to Canada as I want to do Masters in computer Science. Presently I am 30 years of age and married .please help if anyone knows that does age has an effect on your application .I have also applied in express entry but due to low cut off I have not got an ITA yet.

Please let me know of the chances of getting a PR after Completing my studies in Canada if I get a student permit .

artray

Jan 19, 2016
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Feb
AOR Received.
24 Feb
Med's Done....
22 Feb
Passport Req..
14 June
VISA ISSUED...
23 June
LANDED..........
11 Jan
devganvishal said:
I have done B.tech in computer science in 2008 .After completing my studies I have done a job in MNC for 2 years. In 2010 I got a job in state Government and presently I am doing the same job.

I just want to explore my chances of getting a student visa to Canada as I want to do Masters in computer Science. Presently I am 30 years of age and married .please help if anyone knows that does age has an effect on your application .I have also applied in express entry but due to low cut off I have not got an ITA yet.

Please let me know of the chances of getting a PR after Completing my studies in Canada if I get a student permit .
There is no age limit to apply for a student visa - you do need an acceptance letter from a university for admission and pay a part of your fees in advance (different for different universities) before you can apply for your student visa.

There is no guarantee about getting PR after completing your studies, but your points will increase since you will add a Masters degree to your application. Also, you become eligible for a work permit for a limited duration after you complete your education, which will add points since you will get Canadian job experience after your studies (assuming you can land a job). Good luck!

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
devganvishal said:

If your goal is to get PR then student route is time consuming and expensive. Instead of studying masters for 2 years, you can concentrate on IELTS for 3-4 months and improve your score. Since you are married hence your spouse education and language score also matters.

The study permit could be advantageous if your spouse is also qualified and if able to get job is Canada. Considering your 2 years of study + 3 years of pgwp, your spouse will get 2+ 3 years of work permit. It may help a lot if she gets job, then before even you complete your study, your spouse would be eligible to apply for pr under CEC.

devganvishal

Oct 19, 2013
hi,

thanks a lot for the reply .Regarding my wife's qualification she is pursuing PHD in Psychology .Could you please suggest any course for her in Canada .Or any other route to get a PR .She will be submitting her Thesis by end of August 2016 .Most probably getting the PHD degree by November 2016 .
Even if I get highest points in IELTS score still will be 431 which doesn't seems to help .

Though i have my real brother in canada he is PR there .Can that help ???

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
devganvishal said:

You're fine...I came back to school in Canada at age 29 and did a diploma at a community college and just received my PR. As other people said, yes it's more expensive to take the study permit route but as far as PR is concerned, I'd rather be applying for PR within Canada with a year of canadian work experience than applying from outside.

artray

Jan 19, 2016
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Feb
AOR Received.
24 Feb
Med's Done....
22 Feb
Passport Req..
14 June
VISA ISSUED...
23 June
LANDED..........
11 Jan
devganvishal said:
hi,

thanks a lot for the reply .Regarding my wife's qualification she is pursuing PHD in Psychology .Could you please suggest any course for her in Canada .Or any other route to get a PR .She will be submitting her Thesis by end of August 2016 .Most probably getting the PHD degree by November 2016 .
Even if I get highest points in IELTS score still will be 431 which doesn't seems to help .

Though i have my real brother in canada he is PR there .Can that help ???
Are your points coming to 431 as an individual applicant or as total points including your wife's? Check to see if your points get higher if your wife applies as the primary applicant and you as her dependent. Having your brother in Canada increases your points in terms of adaptability, but that is the only area it helps. You will have to upload documents proving that he is your brother. Use below link to calculate the various scenarios and see where you stand:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

Hope this helps and good luck!

devganvishal

Oct 19, 2013
I am scoring the points along with my wife . i have calculated the maximum points which are possible .According to replies i have started process for student visa yesterday and might be applying for Jan session . I have recently applied for a tourist visa to canada but it got rejected does this have any effect .Reason they have stated is insufficient fund though i have more than CAN$50,000 on my name .My brother has also sponsered my application what does they actually require ?
Please let me know what is the procedure for my spouse to get a work permit ?
Do in need to fill some other forms ?

i have also applied under express entry can that have an issue with the student visa ?

pls let me know about any pnp for which i may be eligible. like manitoba or PEI