+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chance of getting visa general category . Poor Profile ..

Aug 27, 2013
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Sabby and experts need your help before i apply for visa for the january intake....
Am givining my profile in detail below....
need to know, that i have a dropped in computer diploma. and i have applied for computer it course in ontario...
can i show to the vo that i have a drop in my studies and i am not pursuing my studied further in india....
plz need your help guys....

profile...
Hi everyone.
Am here with lot of hopes.
Came to know about this helpful forum for the strugglers.
My profile is
10th = 66.30% 2007
12th = 57% 2009
Diploma in computers dropped out in 2nd year not pursuing further
Work experience of 2 years with dell as tech.
Looking for tech course.
Need your help before i apply for visa.
Minimum fund requires to show to the visa officer
As i applied for education loan and approved.
And which 1 is good for immigration. Spp general cic
Plz help me. Waiting for your valuable feedback.

Pracool11

May 29, 2013
Y u requested ti GIC Return its valid for one year you should send one email them they can adjust the things.

VO never stated that u have sufficient financial background

so i guess more than 7 lac in ur account is fine except tuition fees.

Guys plz comment if i wrong or miss guiding

gillsaab

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Moga
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
Done
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19-07-2013
Med's Request
Pre Done.
Med's Done....
05-07-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
With Application
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected 05-08-2013
LANDED..........
Je Waheguru ne Mehar Kiti.
My agent told me to do so. He told me that GIC wont work after SPP rejection.
Now GIC refunded money is in my indian bank account. What should i do now ?

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gillsaab said:
My agent told me to do so. He told me that GIC wont work after SPP rejection.
Now GIC refunded money is in my indian bank account. What should i do now ?
GIC is applicable in both SPP and General. However, the difference is, under SPP, GIC is mandatory and under general category it's optional.
As you have already withdrawn GIC, needn't worry about it. You can now pay tuition fee and show funds in your account ( or you can still purchase another GIC, though it's not mandatory).

Agents, no surprise have either no information or quite less which is dangerous.

Wish you luck!

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gurpreet.suri08 said:
Hi,
Sabby and experts need your help before i apply for visa for the january intake....
Am givining my profile in detail below....
need to know, that i have a dropped in computer diploma. and i have applied for computer it course in ontario...
can i show to the vo that i have a drop in my studies and i am not pursuing my studied further in india....
plz need your help guys....

profile...
Hi everyone.
Am here with lot of hopes.
Came to know about this helpful forum for the strugglers.
My profile is
10th = 66.30% 2007
12th = 57% 2009
Diploma in computers dropped out in 2nd year not pursuing further
Work experience of 2 years with dell as tech.
Looking for tech course.
Need your help before i apply for visa.
Minimum fund requires to show to the visa officer
As i applied for education loan and approved.
And which 1 is good for immigration. Spp general cic
Plz help me. Waiting for your valuable feedback.
10 and 12th marks are good to go for SPP case. Dell experience (I am assuming it's in ITES sector- your experience) is good to go.

SPP is of course preferred option but one needs to be eligible, not everyone can apply under SPP. In your case you can, However, last education was in 2009 and considering Jan intake now, there will be a gap of 4 years (educational gap). Program you dropped will also be an issue here. To apply under SPP, gap between last education and application date shouldn't be more than 4.5 years.

You need to show living cost of 1 year which is accumulated as $ 10K CAD. Pay one semester fee (at least one semester is recommended). As you have an approved education loan, so of course you do have an conditional offer letter from college too! You can pay tuition fee out of this education loan and purchase GIC.

You would need;

IELTS - over all 6 no band less than 5.5 for UG diploma/certificate or Bachelors degree

for rest of the documents, refer to the following link for SPP checklist;

http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/Student_Partners_Program_09022013.pdf

In my opinion, the gap is major concern here as you didn't pursue any education after school.

Wish you best of luck.

Aug 27, 2013
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sabby2612 said:
10 and 12th marks are good to go for SPP case. Dell experience (I am assuming it's in ITES sector- your experience) is good to go.
In my opinion, the gap is major concern here as you didn't pursue any education after school.

Wish you best of luck.
Thank you so much sabby for sharing your opinion and knowledge.
well after H.S.C (2009) i tooked addmission in compouter diploma (2009-2011) and was dropped with k.t from the college.
The reason behind k.t and drop was an accident. for which i was not in college for one year (2010-2011) and was dropped out.
So will it be fine to show my drop in my education with having the medical certificates of my accident.

And my experience in Dell is with BPO INDUSTRY AS a Sofware tech.

What are the chances of visa getting approved or rejected with this profile...

AND as you are the experent which immigaration will be best GENERAL, SPP OR CIC.

Thank you so much. :)

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gurpreet.suri08 said:
Thank you so much sabby for sharing your opinion and knowledge.
well after H.S.C (2009) i tooked addmission in compouter diploma (2009-2011) and was dropped with k.t from the college.
The reason behind k.t and drop was an accident. for which i was not in college for one year (2010-2011) and was dropped out.
So will it be fine to show my drop in my education with having the medical certificates of my accident.

And my experience in Dell is with BPO INDUSTRY AS a Sofware tech.

What are the chances of visa getting approved or rejected with this profile...

AND as you are the experent which immigaration will be best GENERAL, SPP OR CIC.

Thank you so much. :)
As I said earlier, your experience with Dell is absolutely fine and good to go.

There are only three categories, General, SPP and University. What did you mean by CIC? CIC is Canada immigration control. Anyway you should apply under SPP as process is fast and success rate is high. Yes do mention about this accident that happened and I am assuming it was a major accident. So attach your medical papers just to be on safer side.

Lets wait for others to comment if anyone has a better idea.

Best of luck.

Aug 27, 2013
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sabby2612 said:
As I said earlier, your experience with Dell is absolutely fine and good to go.

There are only three categories, General, SPP and University. What did you mean by CIC? CIC is Canada immigration control. Anyway you should apply under SPP as process is fast and success rate is high. Yes do mention about this accident that happened and I am assuming it was a major accident. So attach your medical papers just to be on safer side.

Lets wait for others to comment if anyone has a better idea.

Best of luck.
Thanks yaaa..... for all the answers...
and thanks for rectifying me for the cic thing.

lets hope for the best...

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh.... : )

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Why should he request CAIPS notes when the deficiencies in his application are obvious? It's a waste of $40. He needs to work on everything, even if CAIPS identifies a single weakness (which is very unlikely), there is no guarantee that a future Visa Officer would restrict themselves to this.

Aug 27, 2013
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
on-hold said:
Why should he request CAIPS notes when the deficiencies in his application are obvious? It's a waste of $40. He needs to work on everything, even if CAIPS identifies a single weakness (which is very unlikely), there is no guarantee that a future Visa Officer would restrict themselves to this.
Dude can you check my profile as well....
And plz recommend something as per your knowledge and experience.... : )

Thank you

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
I'm not an expert, what I know is this:

- choose a course of study that fits with your past, neither too ambitious nor too low
- have a statement of purpose that recognizes weaknesses in your application and explains why they are not reasons to refuse you
- have parents, family, land in your own country
- have IELTS scores that are high enough for you to study what you want
- have enough money to pay for your living and your courses

Of all of these, only the IELTS score and the statement of purpose are under your control, so before you apply make certain that both are as good as they can be.

Aug 27, 2013
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
on-hold said:
I'm not an expert, what I know is this:

- choose a course of study that fits with your past, neither too ambitious nor too low
- have a statement of purpose that recognizes weaknesses in your application and explains why they are not reasons to refuse you
- have parents, family, land in your own country
- have IELTS scores that are high enough for you to study what you want
- have enough money to pay for your living and your courses

Of all of these, only the IELTS score and the statement of purpose are under your control, so before you apply make certain that both are as good as they can be.
Thanks man.... for the comments..... sop i will keep that in my mind....
And anyone who can help me with the nice SOP formats so that i can gain some idea and knowledge from that.

Thank you.

gillsaab

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Moga
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
Done
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19-07-2013
Med's Request
Pre Done.
Med's Done....
05-07-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
With Application
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected 05-08-2013
LANDED..........
Je Waheguru ne Mehar Kiti.
So what is ur advise @ On Hold ?

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
on-hold said:
I have already mentioned the weakness in his application. Importance of CAIPS note is, even if there is something else wrong with his application, which could be course mismatch etc he will get to know. Moreover there have been cases where people got rejected as the case was supposed to be under general and student applied under SPP which he got to know only after CAIPS notes and I do have his CAIPS notes with me. That's the importance of CAIPS notes, it's worth applying for it not a waste.

Visa success is based on complete application package, covering every part of it.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Well, my advice is this, and it comes from living for many years in a poor country where people look on a foreign degree as very prestigious.

1) First, make certain that it makes sense for you to study in Canada and not your home country. Is the Canadian degree really special? Will it be worth the price if you take it home to your own country?

2) If you're studying in Canada because you want to immigrate some day, that's fine -- I did the same thing (sort of). However, you will find that life in Canada is not that much better than your home country, and maybe worse. Sure, the school system is one of the best in the world, the health care is great, the streets are clean, the officials are not corrupt. These are important things. However, you will lose your community, your relatives, and many other things, and these are also important.

- you will also find that becoming middle class in Canada is not automatic. You will have to work hard, you will not get to visit home often, and people at home will think you are rich. In the way that they live, people at home might be richer than you; but you will not want to tell them that.

3) So, if the degree makes sense for you, or you want to immigrate, do this: study until your IELTS score is substantially above the minimum.

4) Find the cheapest program you can that makes good sense for you, and include housing in your estimation of costs.

5) Don't go if it involves mortgaging your family's future. Possibly you will fail, possibly your degree will be worth less than you think, possibly you will not be able to immigrate as easily as possible.

6) Don't believe people who tell you there are lots of scholarships: Canadian universities use foreign students as a source of revenue, they don't bring in foreign students to pay their tuition. What scholarships there are will go to elite foreign students.

7) Don't count on working to support yourself. On-campus jobs will be harder to find than you realize.

Remember that the Canadian immigration system doesn't make sense; they WANT graduates of Canadian universities to stay and become productive citizens, but to get an educational visa you have to pretend you want nothing more than to study for two years (at high prices) and then go home. This is why so many people are applying for Certificate in This, Diploma in That. It's a cash cow for the schools, who are producing many, many of these vaguely technical degrees. It's a rip-off for the students, who are paying huge prices for mediocre studies and the chance to immigrate. If your real goal is to become Canadian, aim for the FSW program. Get a masters degree from your own country in a technical discipline that is useful in Canada; improve your English; work for two years; then prepare an FSW application on your own, it will cost 5% of studying in Canada. If you don't get it you will still have your career, if you do get it you can go to Canada and try to set up a life. If you fail at setting up a life, you can go home and take up your career again.