+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CFO Philippines Airport Immigration - Passport Stamped with Open Work Visa and Immigrant Visa (no COPR received yet)

Afterglow

Star Member
May 21, 2023
Hello Everyone!

I would like to ask whether CFO would still be needed in this situation As in the title. CFO‘s requirement is COPR but it has not been received yet. My flight will be in MArch 1 and I am afraid COPR won’t be issued until then. Since I have an Open Work Visa which does not require CFO will the airport immigration in Philippines let me through? Or will they question the Immigrant Visa stamped on my passport? But receiving COPR is out of my control. Hence I am really not sure what to do.

PLease kindly help if you have ever faced such situation.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Hello Everyone!

I would like to ask whether CFO would still be needed in this situation As in the title. CFO‘s requirement is COPR but it has not been received yet. My flight will be in MArch 1 and I am afraid COPR won’t be issued until then. Since I have an Open Work Visa which does not require CFO will the airport immigration in Philippines let me through? Or will they question the Immigrant Visa stamped on my passport? But receiving COPR is out of my control. Hence I am really not sure what to do.

PLease kindly help if you have ever faced such situation.
I now see you have posted same question in 2 places on the forum. Not the best approach. Anyway, I'll repeat what I said before:

Might be best to ask the CFO. Time is short. I would not rely too much on the experience of anyone here. What they faced and what you will face in less than a week might be different.

Afterglow

Star Member
May 21, 2023
I have called them and they said I can surely leave the country with mh Work Visa. However, it’s the discretion of the IO whether they will allow me to leave when they see my immigrant visa without my copr. So still, it depends on the IO in NAIA, not the CFO.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I have called them and they said I can surely leave the country with mh Work Visa. However, it’s the discretion of the IO whether they will allow me to leave when they see my immigrant visa without my copr. So still, it depends on the IO in NAIA, not the CFO.
That's no doubt true. The IOs at NAIA reign supreme and have the final say, with no appeal. Horror stories of "offloading" female passengers abound. Even with perfect paperwork, you can still be denied boarding. But that tells us that the experience of anyone that might be related here is no more than one person's experience on a given day. You might run into a different IO on a different day. In short, you must take your chances.

Afterglow

Star Member
May 21, 2023
Yup I heard all those. But I am a male though. Do they also offload males? Lol but anyway to be safe, i will just wait for the copr hence rebooking the whole flight.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
As long as that terminal is named after that traitor, snakes will continue to reside in that terminal!

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Yup I heard all those. But I am a male though. Do they also offload males? Lol but anyway to be safe, i will just wait for the copr hence rebooking the whole flight.
Better to be safe, kabayan! Mahirap makipagsapalaran sa mga ahas!

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Somehow I was under the impression babae ka. Dahil lalaki ka, walang problema!

If you can rebook and wait, that's best. No need then to worry about encountering some difficult IO in the last minute.