Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2012
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
I have a question regarding some of the documents I have to submit.

1. I have to supply a Dutch Police certificate (VOG). That document has a summary in English. Is that sufficient or do I have to get the whole thing translated? If not, do I still need to legalize/certify the document?

2. That goes for my statutory declaration from my parents too, in which they state that they know our relationship is real. They drafted it in English and signed it. Do I have to get these autographs legalized/certified?

Thanx for the answer!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tommytee said:
I have a question regarding some of the documents I have to submit.

1. I have to supply a Dutch Police certificate (VOG). That document has a summary in English. Is that sufficient or do I have to get the whole thing translated? If not, do I still need to legalize/certify the document?

2. That goes for my statutory declaration from my parents too, in which they state that they know our relationship is real. They drafted it in English and signed it. Do I have to get these autographs legalized/certified?

Thanx for the answer!
1. English summary should be enough. No, it does not need anything else done to it. Just submit the original.
2. They should sign the stat dec in front of a lawyer or notary public who will notarize/swear it. If you parents do not speak, read or write English, the Stat Dec should be written and sworn in their own language and then translated by a certified translator.

tommytee

Aug 27, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2012
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Thanx for the answers.

My parents are not native speakers, but their english is flawless and a statutory declaration was taken from the internet. They did have it signed in front of a notary (a dutch notary). Is that ok? Do I have to have the notaries signature legalized?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tommytee said:
Thanx for the answers.

My parents are not native speakers, but their english is flawless and a statutory declaration was taken from the internet. They did have it signed in front of a notary (a dutch notary). Is that ok? Do I have to have the notaries signature legalized?
That's fine. The dutch notary would have stamped it with his seal. That means it's legalized. Send the original.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Although a notarized declaration is great, it is not necessary. You can submit letters from family and friends without getting them notarized and CIC will accept these...there is no requirement stated in the guides to have letters from family and friends notarized.

Good that you got it done, though. In China, the notary public will not notarize non-government documents, so even if we went there to get it done, they would refuse (we tried, they are extremely rigid here in China!!!).

FS

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fencesitter said:
Although a notarized declaration is great, it is not necessary. You can submit letters from family and friends without getting them notarized and CIC will accept these...there is no requirement stated in the guides to have letters from family and friends notarized.

Good that you got it done, though. In China, the notary public will not notarize non-government documents, so even if we went there to get it done, they would refuse (we tried, they are extremely rigid here in China!!!).

FS
I don't know if the OP is married or in a CL relationship. If it's a CL relationship, the application must include two notarized letters of support from family/friends.