+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certified true copy of the translated passport

Aurora21

Aug 6, 2021
Hi everyone,

My passport needs translation of some pages. Do I need to provide certified true copy of the whole passport or just the translated pages?

dmee3

Apr 20, 2020
Do you know of we need to translate the foreign (non-EN/FR) stamps even if they are dated long before the citizenship eligibility period (or even the first entry into Canada)?

Reactions: QueenPeaches

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Do you know of we need to translate the foreign (non-EN/FR) stamps even if they are dated long before the citizenship eligibility period (or even the first entry into Canada)?
I believe the answer is yes, probably because they want to make sure these travels happened outside the 5 years eligibility period.

Reactions: dmee3

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
And the certified copy of the translated pages can be by the translator himself?
Yes.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/applications-translation-documents.html

Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by
  • the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translation, if required.
Translations by family members are not acceptable. A family member is defined as being a parent, guardian, sibling, spouse, grandparent, child, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew or first cousin.
Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the place where the affidavit is sworn, that the contents of the translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document. Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit.

Reactions: Aurora21

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Question for you please.

I have some stamps from GCC countries (such as Qatar and UAE) that have stamp dates in English (qatar even has location in English as well) but the stamp also contains Arabic name of the countries. In such cases would I need to get translation of the stamps done? Or would it be fine because the stamps contain main information in English?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Question for you please.

I have some stamps from GCC countries (such as Qatar and UAE) that have stamp dates in English (qatar even has location in English as well) but the stamp also contains Arabic name of the countries. In such cases would I need to get translation of the stamps done? Or would it be fine because the stamps contain main information in English?
I had stamps from India that were bilingual (all the content on the stamp was both in English and Hindi) so I didn't get those translated. I had a Turkish stamp where the name was in Turkish so I got that stamp translated. If both the location and the dates shown are in English, I think it should be okay.

Reactions: smash1984

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I had stamps from India that were bilingual (all the content on the stamp was both in English and Hindi) so I didn't get those translated. I had a Turkish stamp where the name was in Turkish so I got that stamp translated. If both the location and the dates shown are in English, I think it should be okay.
Thank you

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram