+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certificate de Sélection du Québec issued before First Stage Approval?

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Hello,

Maybe some people that landed in Québec and still hang around on this forum can help me out.

I'm under the impression (mainly through Trackitt.com) that some people were able to get the CSQ / QSC even before first stage approval! I know that for the request of the certificate you need to include (a copy of) the letter from CIC stating that the sponsor has been approved. However... Take a look at this case: http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/discuss/family-class/1636

Looks like its possible to get it sooner. That would really be awesome to speed things up!

Anyone that has done this?

Thanks a lot!
Jurjen

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do not understand your confusion :). CSQ is always received before AIP, never after, because without CSQ you cannot receive AIP. According to case you mentioned CSQ was issued mid April and decision was made late April. Sounds about right

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
My confusion is as follows. According to all the information from CIC and MICC the order of events goes like this:
1) Send application for sponsorship and PR to Vergreville.
2) Vegreville processes demand for sponsoring and undertaking and sends a letter if accepted.
3) With the letter from CIC you can demand the QSC.
4) CIC will not make a decision for the actual demand for PR until it has received the QSC for the applicant.

Now I read that some people do step 3 before step 2 is completed. But MICC clearly states it wants the letter that the sponsor has been accepted by CIC.

Since MICC will take between 2 and 5 weeks to issue a QSC, how can the person of whom I posted the Trackitt link receive the decission for first and second stage at the same time!?

(Hopefully this clarifies my confusion, or maybe misunderstanding.)

bdo32

Jun 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ JURGEN

IM APPLYING FAMILY CLASS VISA IN QUEBEC approved on feb 8,2011 my Certefecation selection on quebec..

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
your understanding is a bit off. no 2 is not sign of acceptance, merely a letter to invite you to proceed with MICC. even after receiving this letter CIC may transfer your file for interview. I repeat Aip cannot precede Csq. once csq is issued cic will either approve aip (first stage) alone or with second stage (criminal check) - this happened to me too after csq decision was made - first and second stage in one shot. hope this clarifies things

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Okay, thanks for helping me clear that up! :)

bdo32

Jun 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
help me here.. im waiting visa im applying quebec now on jan 20,2011 aproval have cfq

dila2401

May 18, 2011
how long is taking the CSQ these days ..i received my file number since August 2010 and still waiting for my CSQ

Adam

bdo32

Jun 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what you mean you mean you waitng for your approval csq.... what you mean recive agust 2010 scq? what this...