+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEREMONY

MEMO.15

Aug 15, 2023
Hey everyone I am new to the Forums, I have a question and I hope someone has had the same experience. I have received my Ceremony invitation and letter to attendent my Oath on the 30th of August 2023 Online. This morning I had gotten a new update on the Portal that I have to do my Citizenship test again and on the same day as my Oath?? I have tried calling the IRCC and the lines are busy I have tried multiple times and I had sent them a email in regards to it today. My question is what do I do! I have been waiting 17 months now for this to finally be over and to get my Citizenship and now this! I don't know what to do I have 15 days till the Oath! I have left the timeline history for everyone to see and hope someone has a answer. Every Status is update to Complete other then the Ceremony is in progress.

Application history
  • Aug 8, 2023
    Scheduled for citizenship test
    Citizenship test
    You've been scheduled to take citizenship test on August 30, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Aug 8, 2023
    Oath or affirmation of citizenship form required
    We sent you the oath or affirmation of citizenship form. You’ll fill out this form at the ceremony. If you’re at an in-person ceremony, you’ll submit your signed form at the ceremony.
    If you are at a video oath ceremony, email your signed form to us (follow the instructions we sent you).
  • Aug 8, 2023
    Activity status updated: Citizenship oath
    Citizenship ceremony
    Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress.
  • Aug 2, 2023
    Activity status updated: Language skills
    Language skills
    Language skills status has been updated to Completed.
  • Aug 2, 2023
    Activity status updated: Prohibitions
    Prohibitions
    Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.
  • Aug 2, 2023
    Activity status updated: Physical presence
    Physical presence
    Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jul 27, 2023
    Activity status updated: Background verification
    Background verification
    Background verification status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jul 26, 2023
    Fingerprint results: Received
    We received your fingerprint information on July 26, 2023 and will review them shortly. Thank you!
  • Jul 25, 2023
    Fingerprints required: final notice
    Background verification
    We sent you a final notice to submit your fingerprints.
  • May 9, 2023
    Fingerprints required
    Background verification
    We sent you a letter or email with instructions to submit your fingerprints.
  • May 4, 2023
    Background verification
    Background verification status has been updated to In progress.
  • Jan 25, 2023
    Activity status updated: Citizenship test
    Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jan 18, 2023
    Citizenship test
    You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between January 18, 2023 and February 7, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Oct 28, 2022
    Citizenship test
    You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between October 28, 2022 and November 17, 2022. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Oct 24, 2022
    Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
  • Jul 26, 2022
    Background verification
  • Jul 25, 2022
    We received your fingerprint information on July 25, 2022 and will review them shortly. Thank you.
  • Jun 21, 2022
    Fingerprints required
    Background verification
  • Apr 12, 2022
    Application filed
    We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

• Language skills
      Completed

• Physical presence
      Completed

• Citizenship test
      Completed

• Background verification
      Completed

• Prohibitions
      Completed

• Citizenship ceremony
      In progress

Reactions: ppcg2510

lr108

Star Member
May 10, 2023
Try calling them first thing in the morning by 8AM. Best chance to reach them, if you haven't tried this time already.

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
this is probably a glitch similar to others who got 3 different test invites and were told to go by the first one.

Keyani11

Jan 16, 2023
Hey everyone I am new to the Forums, I have a question and I hope someone has had the same experience. I have received my Ceremony invitation and letter to attendent my Oath on the 30th of August 2023 Online. This morning I had gotten a new update on the Portal that I have to do my Citizenship test again and on the same day as my Oath?? I have tried calling the IRCC and the lines are busy I have tried multiple times and I had sent them a email in regards to it today. My question is what do I do! I have been waiting 17 months now for this to finally be over and to get my Citizenship and now this! I don't know what to do I have 15 days till the Oath! I have left the timeline history for everyone to see and hope someone has a answer. Every Status is update to Complete other then the Ceremony is in progress.

Application history
  • Aug 8, 2023
    Citizenship test
    You've been scheduled to take citizenship test on August 30, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Aug 8, 2023
    Oath or affirmation of citizenship form required
    We sent you the oath or affirmation of citizenship form. You’ll fill out this form at the ceremony. If you’re at an in-person ceremony, you’ll submit your signed form at the ceremony.
    If you are at a video oath ceremony, email your signed form to us (follow the instructions we sent you).
  • Aug 8, 2023
    Activity status updated: Citizenship oath
    Citizenship ceremony
    Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress.
  • Aug 2, 2023
    Activity status updated: Language skills
    Language skills
    Language skills status has been updated to Completed.
  • Aug 2, 2023
    Activity status updated: Prohibitions
    Prohibitions
    Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.
  • Aug 2, 2023
    Activity status updated: Physical presence
    Physical presence
    Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jul 27, 2023
    Background verification
  • Jul 26, 2023
    We received your fingerprint information on July 26, 2023 and will review them shortly. Thank you!
  • Jul 25, 2023
    Fingerprints required: final notice
    Background verification
    We sent you a final notice to submit your fingerprints.
  • May 9, 2023
    Fingerprints required
    Background verification
  • May 4, 2023
    Background verification
    Background verification status has been updated to In progress.
  • Jan 25, 2023
    Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jan 18, 2023
    Citizenship test
    You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between January 18, 2023 and February 7, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Oct 28, 2022
    Citizenship test
    You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between October 28, 2022 and November 17, 2022. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Oct 24, 2022
    Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
  • Jul 26, 2022
    Background verification
  • Jul 25, 2022
    We received your fingerprint information on July 25, 2022 and will review them shortly. Thank you.
  • Jun 21, 2022
    Fingerprints required
    Background verification
  • Apr 12, 2022
    Application filed
    We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
    • Language skills
      Completed

• Physical presence
      Completed

• Citizenship test
      Completed

• Background verification
      Completed

• Prohibitions
      Completed

• Citizenship ceremony
      In progress
we have same issue. I think it is error

MEMO.15

Aug 15, 2023
we have same issue. I think it is error
have you reached out to IRCC by phone or email? I have tried with no luck, lines are busy I have been trying for a few days now. I sent am email and they still haven't responded. When is your Ceremony?

Keyani11

Jan 16, 2023
have you reached out to IRCC by phone or email? I have tried with no luck, lines are busy I have been trying for a few days now. I sent am email and they still haven't responded. When is your Ceremony?
No, I'm sure thats error if you receive any update, please let me know

marygbrasil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
I’m pretty sure that’s a bug, they’re probably experiencing some issues when it comes to automatically sending out the oath emails. Have you received an official communication from the office where you’ll be doing your oath? Because they’re supposed to reach out 1-2 weeks beforehand and confirm your participation. You should be able to ask them about this issue…

MEMO.15

Aug 15, 2023
I’m pretty sure that’s a bug, they’re probably experiencing some issues when it comes to automatically sending out the oath emails. Have you received an official communication from the office where you’ll be doing your oath? Because they’re supposed to reach out 1-2 weeks beforehand and confirm your participation. You should be able to ask them about this issue…
I did get the email for the Oath and seat number and everything, I still have yet to receive a reply from IRCC in regards to the problem.

MEMO.15

Aug 15, 2023
Just wanted to let everyone know Incase it happens to someone else, That it was a ERROR in the system and I am Officially a Canadian citizen! I have completed it yesterday as planned and everything went very good! GOOD LUCK to everyone !