+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ceremony

clahanl

Jan 8, 2013
I got my notice to appear for the oath ceremony:
We sent you a notice on April 24, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 16, 2013 at 11:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
I'm paranoid, I know but I feel like this process has made me this way! The website shows a May 14 ceremony at 9am and another the same day at 11.15am, none on the 16th as per my letter. My application status online says the 16th also. Typo on the CIC website? Is there any way to double check?
When they say to bring documents from the application to the ceremony, what are they looking for? My documents were all checked at the test, is it the same ones?
Is there any way that I would not get citizenship now or could there be any further interviews prior to the ceremony?
If I am supposed to be there at 11.15am, what time will the actual ceremony take place? My husband would like to attend but can't wait for too long.
Thanks! I am anxious for this process to end :)

ruth_g

Mar 12, 2013
Took my oath two weeks ago, took a day off from work. My time at the invitation was 1:15pm, we had to fall in line, showed 2 ID's (old & present passports), CIC took my PR card, returned my old passports. Told me to find my seat as indicated on the sheet. There were 85 of us who took the Oath so it took a while but after that it was all smooth and fast. By 3pm it was over then picture taking and snacks were served.

Congratulations.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
clahanl,

Congrats ! Simply call the CIC Help Line (that 1-888 number as I remember) and ask the agent. I find that they are generally very helpful and polite.