+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ceremonies dates

amer1807

Dec 14, 2017
dear followers i had the decision made on NOV 22 but no ceremony invitation letter and i'm checking for ceremony in Montreal for January noting set is it normal

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
I have decision made since october 17. Montreal office is just too slow and they do not schedule many oath ceremonies. For december, they have only two and for january they did not schedule any yet. Waiting time for oath ceremony is currently 4-5 months for Montreal. So do not worry.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
When I had my ceremony in Montreal, I checked on the website and I'm sure it was NOT listed.

I think that the current timeline is anywhere between 70 and 100 days. I don't think it hit 4-5 months as of yet (I PMed some people in MTL who were waiting for their oath letter. Obviously, your mileage may vary:) ).

amer1807

Dec 14, 2017
When I had my ceremony in Montreal, I checked on the website and I'm sure it was NOT listed.

I think that the current timeline is anywhere between 70 and 100 days. I don't think it hit 4-5 months as of yet (I PMed some people in MTL who were waiting for their oath letter. Obviously, your mileage may vary:) ).
do you meen the timeline 70 days from decision mad till the ceremony or from the test

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
The timeline from “Decision Made” to the letter inviting you to the ceremony (so you need to add 14 days more to complete the process).

amer1807

Dec 14, 2017
The timeline from “Decision Made” to the letter inviting you to the ceremony (so you need to add 14 days more to complete the process).
sorry but i don't get it i have decision mad on Nov 22 so when I have ti expect the invitation

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
This is not 100% accurate, we’re just talking statistics.

You need to count 70 days after November 22 to receive the letter inviting you to the oath. I’d say the first week of February. This letter will invite you to take the oath two weeks later. As such I’d estimate that you’ll take your oath the third week of February. Maybe around the 20th or so.

Again, tho is based on statistics. The end of year vacation will probably lead to further delays. So take this all with a grain of salt.

If I was in your shoes, I’ll mentally won’t expect any oath letter before February. This way you enjoy the coming couple weeks stress-free. ;)

robw

Mar 10, 2014
This is not 100% accurate, we’re just talking statistics.

You need to count 70 days after November 22 to receive the letter inviting you to the oath. I’d say the first week of February. This letter will invite you to take the oath two weeks later. As such I’d estimate that you’ll take your oath the third week of February. Maybe around the 20th or so.

Again, tho is based on statistics. The end of year vacation will probably lead to further delays. So take this all with a grain of salt.

If I was in your shoes, I’ll mentally won’t expect any oath letter before February. This way you enjoy the coming couple weeks stress-free. ;)
Your timeline looks terrifying, but I'm so glad you got your citizenship...must've been a tough ordeal waiting for 16 months to hear something back from them eh?

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
Your timeline looks terrifying, but I'm so glad you got your citizenship...must've been a tough ordeal waiting for 16 months to hear something back from them eh?
The least I could say was that it tested me! But I learned to leverage a wide range of tools including ATIPs, direct correspondence with the CIC and my MP (who had someone in their team that helped immensely). :)