+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ceremoney procedure

Passion2015

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Hi Everyone,

We received letter for ceremony and I have the following questions in this regard;

- They want to bring again all the original documentations again. Did they will check IT again or this is procedural including checking of dates in Passports etc.
- What type of documents they will retain at the ceremony. I mean they will retain PR or other original doc?
- One of the paper says that if you opted yourself to come to stage and discuss your citizenship journey. Is this box to be ticked or left blank.
- How much time does the ceremony takes so I can arrange accordingly the time off from employer.

manal2

Oct 24, 2012
Congrats
When I went to did my oath they didn't looked for any document, but the only thing they asked about is the PRvbecause they kept it but I advise you to take your passport and landing record and I advise you also to keep a copy of the PR before give it to them :)

manal2

Oct 24, 2012
I advise you to keep a copy for PR just in case you need some information when you fill the form for Canadian passport

Enjoy the big day ;)
And be proud you are Canadian ;)

Passion2015

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
So did they took the landing documents as well along with the PR Card.
manal2 said:
Congrats
When I went to did my oath they didn't looked for any document, but the only thing they asked about is the PRvbecause they kept it but I advise you to take your passport and landing record and I advise you also to keep a copy of the PR before give it to them :)

manal2

Oct 24, 2012
They but a stamp on the landing documents and they give it back to you but they keep the PR and as I told you take the oath letter and the passport and the PR
For my self and my 4 children they asked about the landing documents and the PR only
They retain the PR and they put a stamp on the landing paper
I advise you to go early as much as you can that day
For my self I stay waiting not less than one hour my oath was 10 :30am I went there 9:00 there was a lot of people waiting I finished 10 min befor the ceremony start they gave me the number of my seat it is written in the oath letter you can see it in the first paper where is the addres for the office
I wish you have a wonderful time

manal2

Oct 24, 2012
About the time it will take around 2 hours it depends if you want to stay to take a photo with the judge because you have to Waite but if you don't you can leave after the ceremony finished you already can take photos when the judge call you to take your citizenship certificat let's say if your ceremony for example start 10 you should be there at 9 so one hour befor the ceremony open and maybe another one hour for ceremony so that's 2 hours

manal2

Oct 24, 2012
For opted yourself to come to stage and discuss your citizenship journey. You can leave it but you have to but a mark for the question about the media and the photos that you don't mind if the office take photos for the ceremony so you can mark it yes

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Passion2015 said:
Hi Everyone,

We received letter for ceremony and I have the following questions in this regard;

- They want to bring again all the original documentations again. Did they will check IT again or this is procedural including checking of dates in Passports etc.
- What type of documents they will retain at the ceremony. I mean they will retain PR or other original doc?
- One of the paper says that if you opted yourself to come to stage and discuss your citizenship journey. Is this box to be ticked or left blank.
- How much time does the ceremony takes so I can arrange accordingly the time off from employer.
Its pretty much straight forward, the officer will verify your current passport, Permanent Residence Card, Landing Certificate, if you may carry Health Card, Driving License too.

All they will collect from you is your Permanent Residency Card and issue the Citizenship Certificate, nothing else.

It take about 2 hours, try to reach at least 45 minutes before the actual time of your Oath Ceremony.