+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CENTENNIAL COLLEGE - 2 YEARS POST GRADUATE GLOBAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT PROGRAM

jinal parmar

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
tiger007 said:
Hi,

1. 3 years PGWP (by ONLY studying 14 months, that too out of that 4 months internship)
2. 8-12 MONTHS PGWP (mostly 12, if you do co-op)
3. 2 years PG cert/diploma will give 3 years PGWP, and Two 1 year courses will give ONLY 2 years PGWP.

Now, strictly talking in terms of getting a PR: by working ANY job for 6 months, and then getting ANY full time job offer in Sask. province..which is the easiest way to get PR, You follow ANY of the 3 options, doesn't matter. But obviously.. studying 2 separate 1 year courses and getting only 2 years PGWP will be foolishness, when by studying a combined 2 years PG programme, you can get 3 years PGWP! Anyways, people (and even I) prefer for getting a 3 years PGWP, because that will give us a hell lot of time at our disposal, and you can in a relaxed way, find a job..do it..and then apply for PNP, whereas in getting 1 year PGWP, you will have to rush everything.. rush to Sask. province.. complete your 960 hours/ 6 months as soon as you can, find a full time permanent job offer and then apply for PNP. Well, 1 year is ALSO more than enough time to get PNP nomination, but a 3 years PGWP at your hand, you will not have to rush..and you can look for actual skilled jobs in your field of study. That's the ONLY difference.
Infact, 1 year PGWP is more than enough, if you can find a full time permanent job, in your area of study in Nova Scotia province, and work there for just 3 months (instead of 6 in most of other provinces), you can then apply for PNP nomination which takes upto 2 months. So, in Nova Scotia you can get your PNP nomination in as little as 4-5 months, instead of usual 9-11 months in other provinces. To know more about Nova Scotia PNP check my previous reply on this post:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/i-dont-understand-the-immigration-process-for-international-graduates-t99800.0.html;msg1358952#msg1358952

In my personal opinion, No matter what you plan to do,it's always best to try and secure your PR within the allotted PGWP period(which you can use only once in a lifetime)... and then look for whatever you want to pursue/study/other work of your choice etc. Once you get the PR.. life will be much better... ;) You can even pursue higher studies at cheaper(for locals) tuition fees.
Saying this, if you are talented, have very good profile..and are genuinely interested in building your career, then you can start building up your profile, apply for a good MBA/ choice of your course in a reputed University in Canada, get a skilled job (which is tough)..which will anyways..get you a PR automatically under CEC or PNPs, like Enfield prefers. So, it's really your choice.

As for me, I'm not at all academically inclined, got 2nd class/ poor marks..and cannot afford to spend time or money on a 2 years PG cert. course. So, I'll be opting for a 1 year PG cert/diploma in any of these colleges and then get a 1 year PGWP, and move to Sask. province (provided.. if I get the visa.. LOL)! :)
exactly same plan :) my frnd is der in regina. after one year studying IBM in toronto he moved to shask. He is about to get PR :)

jinal parmar

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
tiger007 said:
Nice! Which intake are you looking into, Sept. 2012 or Jan 2013? And which course ? PG 1 year/2 years?
Jan intake one year PGDM ( can't waste money on two year PGDM )

Hope after reaching there every thing ll go as per plan :)

Manish7

Mar 15, 2012
hahaha sabb ka akk hei haal hain lol...i mean me 2 had a same plan but gt a bit confused n thought ill do VIU MBA which accrdin to me is a waste of money its fees is 15 lakhs+!! n tats crap man..
better ill spend sm money der partyin :D and tiger as far as i knw(wat my consultant said)

Two diff 1 yr PG course will get u 3 Yrs WP ...
and even shes lyk MBA in VIU is of 14 months which wnt lead u to 3 yrs WP..fr 3yrs WP u need to complete atleast 4 sems tat 16 months of study acc. to her i dont really knw wats the truth.

And it is so nice to chat wid u guyz.. helped a lot ..

tiger am frm Navi mumbai looking fr sept 12 intake fr IBM searching fr coll. options i need Co-op n if i wnt get den ill shift my course to marketing mostly wid Co-op in conestoga or mayb george brown,sheridan,georgian seneca. wat abt u which coll. r u optin fr?

tiger007

Champion Member
Manish7 said:
hahaha sabb ka akk hei haal hain lol...i mean me 2 had a same plan but gt a bit confused n thought ill do VIU MBA which accrdin to me is a waste of money its fees is 15 lakhs+!! n tats crap man..
better ill spend sm money der partyin :D and tiger as far as i knw(wat my consultant said)

Two diff 1 yr PG course will get u 3 Yrs WP ...
and even shes lyk MBA in VIU is of 14 months which wnt lead u to 3 yrs WP..fr 3yrs WP u need to complete atleast 4 sems tat 16 months of study acc. to her i dont really knw wats the truth.
Hi,

Different people say..different things...some get approved with course mismatch, lower funds while some don't get visa even with lacs in their account and perfect course match! So, overall luck plays its part...
Not just the duration of the course, but also the credit hours matters...in case of Master degrees... atleast that's what I read about... on this forum. I'm sure, and even read it on the CIC website, posted by some senior member here, that 2 different consecutive 1 year programmes will ONLY give you 3 years PGWP, if you do a 1 year PG cert/diploma+ a higher level Masters degree of atleast 1 year. I will forward you the link... when I find it....

tiger007

Champion Member
tiger007 said:
I'm sure, and even read it on the CIC website, posted by some senior member here, that 2 different consecutive 1 year programmes will ONLY give you 3 years PGWP, if you do a 1 year PG cert/diploma+ a higher level Masters degree of atleast 1 year. I will forward you the link... when I find it....
Here is the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob194A.asp

Students holding a one-year graduate degree, diploma or certificate from a participating institution in Canada after having obtained, within the prior two years, a certificate, a diploma or degree from a participating institution in Canada may qualify for a three-year work permit.

BUT:
Example 1: A student who obtained a one‑year MBA from a provincially or territorially accredited post-secondary institution in Canada after having obtained a one-year diploma, no more than two years before obtaining the MBA, would be allowed to cumulate both degrees and therefore would be eligible for a three-year post-graduation work permit.

Example 2: A student who obtained a one-year diploma or certificate from a participating institution in Canada after having obtained a degree in Canada at the same or in a different participating institution within the previous two years would be allowed to cumulate both educational credentials and therefore would be eligible for a three-year post-graduation work permit.

So, it's clearly been mentioned that you need to do a 1 year Masters after 1 year diploma/cert(PG), so as to get 3 years work permit. And if you do a 1 year PG cert/diploma, it should be after obtaining a degree (That's a bachelor's/master's) so as to get a 3 years PGWP. Here it is not mentioned, that pursuing 2 separate consecutive 1 year PG cert/diploma will give you 3 years PGWP (for that you need to pursue a combined 2 years/16 months/4 SEM PG cert/diploma course.)

I may be wrong, but atleast that's what it is mentioned here.

Manish7

Mar 15, 2012
Pata nai..as far as i knw we can get it if we do 2 yrs PGDM course i.e 2 diff course 1yr each..i had a talk with the senior member of conestoga college who is recruiter of international students in conestoga college.
He advised me to takeup IBM n den take another course whcih ever i lyk den ill b eligible fr 3 yrs WP n den apply fr PR earn n den go fr MBA..

So he was clear abt 1 + 1 = 3 yrs WP

Emily_writes

Mar 28, 2012
Hi popular ppl on this forum :)

need a little help...
i am going to attend a seminar by the canadian edu institutes on 13th april where i have to select a course. I am post-graduate and a freelance web writer. Can you ppl suggest some course, these are options given by agent...

Algonquin College
PG Dip
Professional Illustration

Algonquin College
PG Dip
Technical Writer

Centennial College
PG Dip
Project Management

Centennial College
PG Dip
Advertising Media Management

Centennial College
PG Dip
Interactive Digital Media

Concordia University (John Molson School Of Business)
MBA
Executive Business Administration

George Brown College
PG Dip
Small Business Management & Entrepreneurship

Humber College
PG Dip
Project Management

Humber College
PG Dip
Supply Chain Management

Humber College
PG Dip
Creative Writing

Humber College
PG Dip
International Project Management

Humber College
PG Dip
Advertising Copywriting

Humber College
PG Dip
Advertising-Media Sales - Accelerated

Nordic College Of Business And Technology
PG Dip
Information Management

Nordic College Of Business And Technology
PG Dip
Information Technology

Red River College
PG Dip
Technology Management

Seneca College
PG Dip
Brand Management

Seneca College
PG Dip
Interactive Marketing

Seneca College
PG Dip
Technical Communication

Sheridan College
PG Dip
Advertising Management

University of New Brunswick - Saint John
MBA
Innovation and technology management

Manish7

Mar 15, 2012
It really Depends on what u want..colleges in Toronto is full of indians its a "Home away from Home" and then concentrate on course n not on the colleges..they are more or less same.

Emily_writes

Mar 28, 2012
is university a better choice than colleges??? I am extremely confused...do not want to go for the regular business administration stuff...something that has scope and really makes a difference

H

HBK

Emily_writes said:
is university a better choice than colleges??? I am extremely confused...do not want to go for the regular business administration stuff...something that has scope and really makes a difference
Yes ofcourse university course is better in the eyes of employers.
however getting admission in university is not easy task. you need good academics. some university requires experience too.

exactly for which course u r looking?

Emily_writes

Mar 28, 2012
I am interested in any "communication" related course and the second option would be "project management". I have exp n my post grad is 76% with IELTs 7.

BTW: are u in canada?

H

HBK

Emily_writes said:
I am interested in any "communication" related course and the second option would be "project management". I have exp n my post grad is 76% with IELTs 7.

BTW: are u in canada?
If interested in university then why not to check this links.
http://www.aucc.ca/canadian-universities/study-programs/?action=get_programs&programlevel%5B%5D=51&cipcode%5B%5D=9&keywords=&province%5B%5D=&language=&coop=

http://www.aucc.ca/canadian-universities/study-programs/

Emily_writes

Mar 28, 2012
Thankyou so very much...the links are really helpful...
can u also help me by recommending some good graduate schools or colleges for the same course, i mean "communication" related ( just for backup)
as everyone is saying its hard to get in univs...
Also, whats the scope of jobs in this industry n PR n other stuff ( although, my first aim is to get a course of my choice than PR)

if i go for post-grad diploma instead of masters does it make a difference in getting PR or work permit?

Emily_writes

Mar 28, 2012
Thankyou for all the info....although, the more i am reading the more confused i am...BTW emily.writes is on sky P...if u can help me there it wud be great :)

i am looking into diplomas because of the budget also :) as masters is pretty expensive