+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP-General vs CELPIP-General-LS? which on is acceptable for citizenship?

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
General tests a broader set of skills, in which writing is included.
LS only tests listening, and speaking skills.

Both are accepted by CIC, but LS is cheaper and easier.
If you only need the scores for citizenship purposes, I'd advise you to take the general LS. That's what I did, and most people too.

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boasorte said:

If you only need the scores for citizenship purposes, I'd advise you to take the general LS. That's what I did, and most people too.
Hi Boasorte, may I ask a question? From your signature you mentioned the date when your application was received..How do you know this precise date? Is it tracked from the courrier? Or CIC will give you a confirmation on receiving the package? Many thanks!

citizenshipapplicant

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
boasorte said:

Thank you for reply. So your LS was accepted?
Two more questions. I did undergrad 7 years ago outside Canada. Medium of instruction was English and I have letter from University regarding this. My question is Can I use it as Proof of language.
I did a 3 and half months certificate from NAIT (which is a technical college), Edmonton, Alberta. Can I use its transcript as language proof? Thank you.

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
citizenshipapplicant said:
Two more questions. I did undergrad 7 years ago outside Canada. Medium of instruction was English and I have letter from University regarding this. My question is Can I use it as Proof of language.
I did a 3 and half months certificate from NAIT (which is a technical college), Edmonton, Alberta. Can I use its transcript as language proof? Thank you.
Letter from principal or someone may not work. Your graduation certificate or transcript should clearly say English.

goraya_40

May 29, 2014
I done my celpip General L S I got 2H in listening and 3H in speaking it's ok for applying for citizenship plz advise me thanks

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Munchenxx said:
Hi Boasorte, may I ask a question? From your signature you mentioned the date when your application was received..How do you know this precise date? Is it tracked from the courrier? Or CIC will give you a confirmation on receiving the package? Many thanks!
Through Canada Post tracking system. This date is also stated on the Confirmation of receipt letter.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
citizenshipapplicant said:
Yes, I only did the LS and it was accepted.

As stated before, your diploma/transcript would need to officially state that, otherwise just letter will not be considered as an official proof of language.

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boasorte said:
Through Canada Post tracking system. This date is also stated on the Confirmation of receipt letter.
Awesome! :)

Another question though:
So CIC will take this date of package receipt as the date of our application? Or will they use the date we signed in the application form?

Jsut for example, if i would sign the application form on Jun 10,2015 and my package would be received on Jun 17, 2015 by CIC . Then the stupid C-24 get effective on Jun 19,2015. It takes the efficient agents of CIC another three months to open my package and start processing, say, on Sep 17, 2015. In this case , my application should still be evaluated under the old law instead of C-24 , right?

I ask bcoz this question may be sensitive to guys like me trying to catch the final bus of the old law. I am suppose to reach 1095 physical days in May 2015.

Thanks again!

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Munchenxx said:
Awesome! :)

Another question though:
So CIC will take this date of package receipt as the date of our application? Or will they use the date we signed in the application form?

Jsut for example, if i would sign the application form on Jun 10,2015 and my package would be received on Jun 17, 2015 by CIC . Then the stupid C-24 get effective on Jun 19,2015. It takes the efficient agents of CIC another three months to open my package and start processing, say, on Sep 17, 2015. In this case , my application should still be evaluated under the old law instead of C-24 , right?

I ask bcoz this question may be sensitive to guys like me trying to catch the final bus of the old law. I am suppose to reach 1095 physical days in May 2015.

Thanks again!
Your application is opened and assessed for completeness right away; it only takes some time for it to be worked on.

Following your example: if you signed/sent the application form on Jun 10, 2015 and and it's received on Jun 17, 2015 by CIC. That last date is the official received date.
If any regulations were to change after that date, your application would still be processed under the previous requirements. That would mean that your application would not be returned/denied if you did not meet any of the new requirements.

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Hi Guys ,

Just a quick question , Government of Manitoba Runs Manitoba Immigrant Integration Program in Brandon, MB , so if someone has attended the EAL classes there, can that certificate be used as an English requirement for applying for Citizenship, any help would be highly appreciated.

Sincerely

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boasorte said:
Your application is opened and assessed for completeness right away; it only takes some time for it to be worked on.

Following your example: if you signed/sent the application form on Jun 10, 2015 and and it's received on Jun 17, 2015 by CIC. That last date is the official received date.
If any regulations were to change after that date, your application would still be processed under the previous requirements. That would mean that your application would not be returned/denied if you did not meet any of the new requirements.
OK clear now, so the receipt date is essential. Thanks again!

zhian

Mar 14, 2010
Hi All,
I just had my CELPIP General test, I want to use this test score for Citizenship application, Who knows what score of this test is acceptable for Citizenship application?