+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP for Citizenship

applicant314

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Hello friends,

I am about to file my application for Citizenship. I took the CELPIP test and will receive my results this week. However, I am confused about what to send and the search option did not yield any help.

The company facilitating CELPIP told me that they will send me two sealed envelopes. One is for my own records, the other one is supposed to go to CIC. However, in the CIC document checklist, it states only a photocopy of my language evidence is required.
I contacted the CELPIP company directly and they told me that CIC specifically requests to receive an enveloped sealed by the issuing institution, which is actually "just a photocopy in a sealed envelope" (as per the agent).

When I send my documents, what to I send? Do I forward the official CELPIP envelope or do I open it, take a photocopy myself and send along the photocopy?

I would appreciate if someone could help me out.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

applicant314 said:
Hello friends,

I am about to file my application for Citizenship. I took the CELPIP test and will receive my results this week. However, I am confused about what to send and the search option did not yield any help.

The company facilitating CELPIP told me that they will send me two sealed envelopes. One is for my own records, the other one is supposed to go to CIC. However, in the CIC document checklist, it states only a photocopy of my language evidence is required.
I contacted the CELPIP company directly and they told me that CIC specifically requests to receive an enveloped sealed by the issuing institution, which is actually "just a photocopy in a sealed envelope" (as per the agent).

When I send my documents, what to I send? Do I forward the official CELPIP envelope or do I open it, take a photocopy myself and send along the photocopy?

I would appreciate if someone could help me out.
1. Open it. Send copy.

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
I sent the sealed envelop (that is supposed to go to CIC as per CELPIP) as it is, and the application was accepted and it is in process.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't open the sealed envelope. Just send it to CIC. You may send copy of your own copy to CIC as well.