+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Celpip 3rd time?

jn791

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Okay here is the situation - I have given Celpip twice, and scored in the highest bands for Reading, Listening, and Speaking both times. I got an 8 in Writing both times. I sent the Writing component for re-evaluation from my second attempt but the score remained unchanged.

Now, I am wondering if it is worth giving the test for a 3rd time in order to boost my writing and hence, overall score. (Given that today's EE draw went up). And also because I will lose 5 points in October because of age factor.

Any suggestions please? people with similar experiences would be very helpful

thank you

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Okay here is the situation - I have given Celpip twice, and scored in the highest bands for Reading, Listening, and Speaking both times. I got an 8 in Writing both times. I sent the Writing component for re-evaluation from my second attempt but the score remained unchanged.

Now, I am wondering if it is worth giving the test for a 3rd time in order to boost my writing and hence, overall score. (Given that today's EE draw went up). And also because I will lose 5 points in October because of age factor.

Well, hey, those are already good scores. You can take it again, but unless you do something to improve your writing, I don´t know how likely it is for your score to change. You could try the IELTs instead, some do better on one test over the other...

Reactions: jn791

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vegreville-Ottawa-Sydney-Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019

thank you
is giving re test worth it ? do evaluation yourself.. if you are losing 5 points in October and/or gaining the same 5 by re test., is it worth? do you think you have practised enough to increase your test? As the above senior member said, these are already pretty good results.