+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Who's waiting for Security?

hello2020

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
CSIS confirmed completed security request and sent back results to CBSA on same day 6 Feb. not sure what's pending.

Does CBSA do comprehensive SS or does CBSA order CSIS screening again at a later date after record check done in 6 Feb?
What does your BGC say in GCkey account?
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
or
We are processing your background check, we will send you a message if we need more information.

Reactions: Hummingbird89

Takita

May 12, 2021
What does your BGC say in GCkey account?
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
or
We are processing your background check, we will send you a message if we need more information.

ZXL

Apr 8, 2022
AOR on April 17, 2021, all others passed. Security started on July 19, 2021, CSIS concluded in March 2022, and sent it to CBSA. The Security screening is still in progress in CBSA since 20 months and 22 days ago. Thanks God, I am still alive.

• Wow
Reactions: Miracle2018

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
AOR on April 17, 2021, all others passed. Security started on July 19, 2021, CSIS concluded in March 2022, and sent it to CBSA. The Security screening is still in progress in CBSA since 20 months and 22 days ago. Thanks God, I am still alive.
That is the most depressing post I've read, how are you still in Canada? BOWP?

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Yes, it is definitely depressing. Last week, I filed a Writ of Mandamus to federal cout, to push IRCC to speed up. It cost me a lot, :(
How much is that process? I heard it's up to $10000. It's super crazy and no one deserves that!!

Reactions: jiazheng Ye

ZXL

Apr 8, 2022
I just submitted the for Leave and Juridical Review, the first step of Mandamus. If the applicant is not satisfied with the reply from IRCC, on the second step, the case will go ahead to Hearing. Only very few, 2-3% applicants go to Hearing.

Reactions: novemberrain

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I just submitted the for Leave and Juridical Review, the first step of Mandamus. If the applicant is not satisfied with the reply from IRCC, on the second step, the case will go ahead to Hearing. Only very few, 2-3% applicants go to Hearing.
Fair, you'll 99% probably get it. Chances are CSIS or whoever just misplaced your application. A friend of mine's brother's PNP app was delayed by 2 years just because it was 'in the printing queue' and never printed or something. Took a letter to the local MP to discover that and move the application forward.

ZXL

Apr 8, 2022
Fair, you'll 99% probably get it. Chances are CSIS or whoever just misplaced your application. A friend of mine's brother's PNP app was delayed by 2 years just because it was 'in the printing queue' and never printed or something. Took a letter to the local MP to discover that and move the application forward.
Sad to hear your friend's story. The IRCC system works so badly.

jvcaunin

Feb 23, 2016
Following.

AOR: November 17, 2022
Criminality and Security: Not Started
Medical: In progress (submitted old medical)