+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Valid Job Offer

vijay1209

Sep 25, 2017
Hi Friends,

I have been working on a LMIA-Exempt Work Permit (as an Intra-Company Transfer under Supplemental employment) since August 2016. I have entered into the Express Entry Pool, but, I have a question with regards to the Job Offer question. I am uncertain if I can say "Yes" or "No" for the question whether I have a Valid Job Offer. As of now, I have mentioned this as a "No" and I wanted to seek your advise about the same.
My company wants to extend my present work permit for another year and I will be getting a "Supplemental Extension Form" very soon. Please clarify if this is a Valid Job Offer as per the present rules imposed under Express Entry.

Thanks to advise.
Vijay

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"
Your job offer must:

• be in writing
  • not be from an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada
  • set out details of the job they’re offering you, such as:
    • your pay and deductions
    • your job duties
    • conditions of employment, like your hours of work
A work permit on its own is not a job offer, even if it is an open work permit.

Your job offer must also meet other criteria to be valid under the Express Entry program you qualify for below."

"if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

Reactions: vijay1209

vijay1209

Sep 25, 2017
Thank you for the reply. Please clarify if the Supplemental Extension Form issued by my Employer for ICT Work Permit extension is good enough and it is considered a valid Job offer. Should the Job be "permanent"? Please clarify.
Valid Job offer gives me that extra 50 points and I am still uncertain.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The job shouldn't be permanent, the job should be for "at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa"

If your job offer does not contain the information I provided I simply cannot guarantee it will suffice. That being said others have succeeded even though they did not meet all of those requirements.