+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC profile (Canadian Work Experience)

Boggschow

Dec 16, 2022
Hi. I’ve a query regarding my EE profile. I’ve been working in IT from Dec 2020 on PGWP. This year, I had to take 2 months unpaid leave from office due to emergency and travelled to India. I entered the EE pool this November. Score was 482.

By this December, Canadian work experience is increased to 2 by the incremental counter and score went up to 507. If I receive ITA in the next draw, would this create an issue due to those 2 unpaid months (Payroll is generated for 0$)?

Hoping to get an answer from here. Because I don’t know any immigration consultants to reach out to. If someone here know any PR consultant/Lawyer I can trust, please share information. Thanks in advance.

rshangle

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi. I’ve a query regarding my EE profile. I’ve been working in IT from Dec 2020 on PGWP. This year, I had to take 2 months unpaid leave from office due to emergency and travelled to India. I entered the EE pool this November. Score was 482.

By this December, Canadian work experience is increased to 2 by the incremental counter and score went up to 507. If I receive ITA in the next draw, would this create an issue due to those 2 unpaid months (Payroll is generated for 0$)?

Hoping to get an answer from here. Because I don’t know any immigration consultants to reach out to. If someone here know any PR consultant/Lawyer I can trust, please share information. Thanks in advance.
Yes, that would be an issue. You can not claim CEC experience for those 2 months.

Boggschow

Dec 16, 2022
Thanks for you response
Even though I was not paid, I’m still employed in the company for those two months. Still I cannot claim?
One more question is, how do I enter the pool as its an incremental counter. Even if I write ielts and increase my score I’d be able to get it Upto 507. But as per your answer, I can enter the pool only after completing two full years?

Last edited:

rshangle

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Thanks for you response
Even though I was not paid, I’m still employed in the company for those two months. Still I cannot claim?
Correct, you cannot claim. It doesn't matter if you are employed, or even if you are getting your salary in CAD for those 2 months. CIC clearly states the experience needs to be 'in Canada'. There is a leaveway for 1-2 weeks of vacation, but not more than that.