+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Police Clearence certificate

sdkanwar

Dec 12, 2011
hi ,

I am applying under CEC ..

Regarding Police clearence Certificate.
I was going through CEC application . It ask information on last five years where i lived for . and i have been in canada for 6 years now.
But do i have to provide Singapore Police clearence certficate cause i leaved there before 6 years ... cause website says after i turned 18 but application is looking for last 5 years of information.

Its urgent .. Any suggestion will be help full

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa Pilot Processing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
yes, if u lived in singapore for more than 6 months after u turned 18, u have to provide PCC for that country.

in short, u have to provide PCC for every country where u lived for more than 6 months after u turn 18........... the instructions r very clear in the application.

sdkanwar

Dec 12, 2011
Thank for Info.

i have a refernce letter from my old job that has description of all work info asked for immigration .. but it doesnt state the noc that i am qualified under. so should i just provide NOC info on seperate letter . It goes same for my current job . or it makes more sense to re do the work refrrence letter.

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa Pilot Processing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
I am not an expert, but from my experience, it is better if HR can write a good reference letter with detail job duties and other crap on it, exactly same as mentioned on CEC document checklist. just give that checklist page where it mentions about reference letter, to ur HR and they will write it for you.

But, just in case if they dont mention NOC code on a reference letter, thats not a big deal. As when you will file your immigration application, there is a field that asks for your NOC code, the officer will evaluate you basis on this field and then match the job duties written by HR with the NOC job description.

Hope that helps...........

sdkanwar

Dec 12, 2011
Re: CEC Police Clearence certificate / Documents.

Hi all,

Thanks for all the help provided so far

Do i need to notarized my birth certificate even if it is written in english.

Also any other documents needed to be notarized.

What pages copy i need to send of my passport .

Any advice will be apperciated.

rpun

Star Member
May 12, 2011
Hello sdkanwar ,

I'm from Singapore too and i was wondering if you got a police certificate from Singapore. I submitted my application on August 2011 without my police certificate ......????????????????

thanksss

sdkanwar

Dec 12, 2011
Hey

CiC will send you Clearence of certificate if they require one , Untill then just keep checking yur email for heads up .

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp

"Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes. However, you cannot apply for a police certificate without an official request from an immigration office. After the submission and review of your immigration application, a Certificate of Clearance (COC) request letter will be sent to you by the Canadian immigration office. The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) will not process a request without this official request letter. "

bilderberg

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2011
AOR Received.
PER: Feb 14, 2012
File Transfer...
AOR: March 6, 2012
Hi i just want to ask if the spf will be the one to send the PCC to the visa office? Or they willgive it to me once the pcc is done?

Thanks!