Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
aah waiting waiting and waiting..
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Already in Canada!
Sorry for the unclear subject line ( not sure how could I make it better).

I'm in a bit tricky situation and it is: ( not sure about how much should I put for POF)

Completed my master's in 2012, worked in IT for two years, work permit expired, and currently studying now.

EE Score: 450 - CEC class, not included my wife in EE profile but stated that I am married ( I can sponsor her later)

My wife arrived here as a visitor and later changed to work visa ( Still trying to get the job)

I know CEC class doesn't require any POF, but could a visa officer ask about my POF regards to my studies and any other funds ( Wifey staying with me and may ask to show survival funds too ? )

Please let me know what would be the safest thing to do about POF? ( I know EE world is bit convoluted and looking for more simple answer :D )

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
POF is irrelevant in CEC. They won't ask to see the $12,000+ required for FSW. You could put $1000, $2000, $5000, it doesn't matter.

You should be more concerned with your eligibility with CEC as: "have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,"

I don't know for how long you'll study but that work experience you had might go to waste if you don't get an ITA soonish. Meaning you would have to go through FSW.

Cheers ;)

ReddyCan

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Feb 11, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 8th/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Already in Canada!
Thank you for the reply!

I don't understand the statement " that work experience you had might go to waste if you don't get an ITA soonish" ???

I gained total of 2 years exp. during years Oct 2012 to Feb. 2015 ( with some breaks) - summed up to 2 years and I have the correct CRS points in EE.

You mean to say I cannot the claim the work experience after some time? when is that time ??

Please let me know.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
ReddyCan said:
Thank you for the reply!

I don't understand the statement " that work experience you had might go to waste if you don't get an ITA soonish" ???

I gained total of 2 years exp. during years Oct 2012 to Feb. 2015 ( with some breaks) - summed up to 2 years and I have the correct CRS points in EE.

You mean to say I cannot the claim the work experience after some time? when is that time ??

Please let me know.
You're only eligible for CEC if you have worked 1 year in the last 3 years. My job was Oct 2013-dec 2014 so my eligibility for CEC will expire Dec 2016. I won't loose the experience points, but I will only hen be eligible for fsw.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ReddyCan said:
Thank you for the reply!

Please let me know.
Yea, it happened to me and that's why i'm applying through FSW (wasn't eligible for CEC anymore). Check the quote that I wrote in my post above.

Cheers ;)

ReddyCan

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Feb 11, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 8th/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Already in Canada!
So my CEC eligibility would be expired in Feb. 2017 ? ( My exp. was from Oct 2012 to Feb 2015)

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
ReddyCan said:
So my CEC eligibility would be expired in Feb. 2017 ? ( My exp. was from Oct 2012 to Feb 2015)
Yes

ReddyCan

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Feb 11, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 8th/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Already in Canada!
wohoaaa .. that's completely new to me. ( As I said, convoluted EE world - "Known is a drop, unknown is an Ocean" phrase, best suites for EE)

Anyway, thank you both ( DelPiero and Kryt0n) for educating me! 8)

ReddyCan

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Feb 11, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 8th/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Already in Canada!
Last question, assuming if i don't get an ITA until Feb. 2017, how much of funds should I show in my case ( unaccompanied wife, and me studying) after getting the eligibility of FSW ???

ReddyCan

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Feb 11, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 8th/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Already in Canada!
Thank you bro.. already +1 for both you!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
ReddyCan said:
Thank you bro.. already +1 for both you!
Cheers dude. And I concur the 3 year CEC rule is crappy. I'm on 440 points so likely mine will expire before then. However my last 2 months were on implied status. It's still valid, but no longer being eligible for CEC will help take away the worry.

nEVERgiveUP751

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Vancouver
ReddyCan said:
Sorry for the unclear subject line ( not sure how could I make it better).

I'm in a bit tricky situation and it is: ( not sure about how much should I put for POF)

Completed my master's in 2012, worked in IT for two years, work permit expired, and currently studying now.

EE Score: 450 - CEC class, not included my wife in EE profile but stated that I am married ( I can sponsor her later)

My wife arrived here as a visitor and later changed to work visa ( Still trying to get the job)

I know CEC class doesn't require any POF, but could a visa officer ask about my POF regards to my studies and any other funds ( Wifey staying with me and may ask to show survival funds too ? )

Please let me know what would be the safest thing to do about POF? ( I know EE world is bit convoluted and looking for more simple answer :D )
To be on safer side show enough funds , though it is not a requirement