+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Outland

bharat6

Dec 21, 2020
Hello,

I got recently invited under CEC after moving out of the country since my work permit expired. Now I'm wondering if I need to show funds when applying for PR? Also, is it possible to show job offer(Not LMIA) instead of showing funds.

Since, I was in canada for the last 5 years, does the police verification takes place in canada or my current country?

Thank You

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Hello,

I got recently invited under CEC after moving out of the country since my work permit expired. Now I'm wondering if I need to show funds when applying for PR? Also, is it possible to show job offer(Not LMIA) instead of showing funds.

Since, I was in canada for the last 5 years, does the police verification takes place in canada or my current country?

Thank You
You don’t need to show POF, just upload an LOE explaining you are a CEC applicant, hence doesn’t need to submit POF. In terms of PCC, you don’t have to submit the RCMP unless IRCC specifically asks, which would be on the later stage of processing your application. However, you need to submit PCC from your present residing country.

bharat6

Dec 21, 2020
You don’t need to show POF, just upload an LOE explaining you are a CEC applicant, hence doesn’t need to submit POF. In terms of PCC, you don’t have to submit the RCMP unless IRCC specifically asks, which would be on the later stage of processing your application. However, you need to submit PCC from your present residing country.
But, the fact that I'm not currently in canada and coming from a different country, what would be the scenario when the immigration officers at the airport ask for funds to support my living? Thanks

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
But, the fact that I'm not currently in canada and coming from a different country, what would be the scenario when the immigration officers at the airport ask for funds to support my living? Thanks
You don't have to worry about the entry after the approval of your application as far as the fund/money concerns. The border agents will not ask the POF, however, you should have some sort of finance to support you while you are in Canada regardless of whether the border agents ask or not. If my memory serves me right, you can't carry more than 10,000 CAD with you unless you declare it you have more at the POE.

Tiaraxx

Star Member
Oct 7, 2021
outland (India)
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
AOR Received.
08-07-2020
Med's Request
01-10-2021
Med's Done....
05-10-2021
Passport Req..
waiting
Hello,

Thank You
No. You don't need to show funds as you are invited to apply under CEC category. I have the same case and this is what my lawyer told me that we CEC candidates are exempt.