+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC or FSW

hrzafer

Jul 6, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am working at a full-time job of NOC A (software developer) for 9 months with an open work permit. I am considering to apply for the express entry. Should I wait 3 months more and apply for the CEC? Does applying under the FSW cost more? Also is it more complicated?

By the way, I've just created my profile last night. And I have 378 points (CLB 8) right now.

N

newtoexpressentry

u dont have ITA yet right? so once u complete 3 more month u will get more points right? so right now I dont think u can do much other than gathering all the documents. CEC in general is faster than FSW under express entry and u have to have extra documents like proof of funds

hrzafer

Jul 6, 2017
u dont have ITA yet right? so once u complete 3 more month u will get more points right? so right now I dont think u can do much other than gathering all the documents. CEC in general is faster than FSW under express entry and u have to have extra documents like proof of funds
After three months when I update my profile regarding my work experience in Canada, will my application be reviewed under CEC or still FSW with more points? Do I have to do anyting to make it be reviewed under CEC? In other terms, if you are eligible for CEC can you still apply under FSW theoretically?

I googled but couldn't find any source that explains the difference between CEC and FSW.

N

newtoexpressentry

what does ur profile say qualify for FSW? if yes then after 12 minths it will show u qualify for both CEC and FSW. its then upto CIC to give u ITA under which program.
to be disregarded for FSW u should change ur funds available to 0 in ur EE profile. That way u wont qualify for FSW. so that can only happen after 12 months though otherwise ur profile will become ineligible now.

hrzafer

Jul 6, 2017
what does ur profile say qualify for FSW? if yes then after 12 minths it will show u qualify for both CEC and FSW. its then upto CIC to give u ITA under which program.
to be disregarded for FSW u should change ur funds available to 0 in ur EE profile. That way u wont qualify for FSW. so that can only happen after 12 months though otherwise ur profile will become ineligible now.
But if I change my funds to 0 I won't be eligible to anything and I'll have to create a new profile as far as I know. But wait, I can change my length of experience and my funds at the same time 3 months later, right?

N

newtoexpressentry

But if I change my funds to 0 I won't be eligible to anything and I'll have to create a new profile as far as I know. But wait, I can change my length of experience and my funds at the same time 3 months later, right?
yes

hrzafer

Jul 6, 2017
I've just found the related information from the official source:

When there is a general round of invitations, and a candidate appears eligible for multiple classes (e.g., the federal skilled worker class and the Canadian experience class), the system automatically invites the candidate to apply under one of the classes in the following order:
  • provincial nominee class (PNC);
  • Canadian experience class (CEC);
  • federal skilled worker class (FSWC);
  • federal skilled trades class (FSTC).
So I just need to update my Canada work experience duration when it is 1 year.

Reactions: Mjkab

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016
I've just found the related information from the official source:

So I just need to update my Canada work experience duration when it is 1 year.[/QUOTE

great information very relevant for my case!!
my EE profile shows I am qualified both for CEC and FSW! I am still waiting for ITA with CRS 425 soon will be 435.

one of the member told me that in this case of both CEC and FSW, system automatically offer CEC by default!!
is that true?

thank you!

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016
my EE profile shows I am qualified both for CEC and FSW! I am still waiting for ITA with CRS 425 soon will be 435.

one of the member told me that in this case of both CEC and FSW, system automatically offer CEC by default!!
is that true?

thank you!

Gurvinder kaur

Jan 3, 2014
Hi I'm new this forum but can any one let me ant funds. Like I need to show funds in CEC category and how much. One more question like my spouse in India how we can apply both for PR . Awaiting prompt reply

ziah6237

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018

is that true?

thank you!
I am the same case !! How did your case go ?