?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
Work Visa - Feb. 2012
LANDED..........
March 22nd, 2012
Hi All, :D
Hope that some of you experts and non-experts can help me out with the following questions:

1- I am right now working in Canada with a work permit and I am trying to decide if I should apply for a PR (in May which is when I will have one year of experience in Canada) through the CEC (Class experience) or the FSW, I will meet the requirements for both but I am trying to see which timeline would be shorter and which one is more efficient

2- By the time I get the PR I could well have already 2 years leaving in Canada, would those 2 years count as the requirement requested by the CIC that in order to maintain the residency you need to leave in canada a total of 2 years or does the 2 years start running after (and not before) they give you the PR?

Really thank you for your answer in advance, ;)

CECapplicant

Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5- Dec. 2012
AOR Received.
25 Jan. 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Withdrew application on 23rd May
If you are sure about your eligibility for both streams, I would recommend you to apply under CEC category.
The FSW has faced too many changes and new regulations once every while during the recent years. This has caused so many backlogs and many applicants including myself are suffering from their inconsistent decisions.

This is all I can recommend based on personal experience.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
arlesoma said:
2- By the time I get the PR I could well have already 2 years leaving in Canada, would those 2 years count as the requirement requested by the CIC that in order to maintain the residency you need to leave in canada a total of 2 years or does the 2 years start running after (and not before) they give you the PR?
After