+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC October 2014 Applicants

Destined_6

Oct 31, 2014
Jamieboy said:
Hi guys
My ECAS updated and 3rd line added,

3. Your medical result has been received.

One step closer to PR.
Hopefully all of October applicant will receive this news soon.
5th line added for me - Medicals Received. Hope to hear good news soon

Lee587

Sep 25, 2014
Same here got the 4th line. Hopefully good news soon

1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 7, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 13, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on February 13, 2015.
4. Medical results have been received.

Destined_6

Oct 31, 2014
my 4th status is - We sent you correspondence on July 17, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

5th is "Medicals Received"

I added my spouse and also attached his medicals upfront with the kit already before the 4th line was updated.
So the 5th line update is referring to my application or both of us??

erichome

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
07-11-2014
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Destined_6 said:
my 4th status is - We sent you correspondence on July 17, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

5th is "Medicals Received"

I added my spouse and also attached his medicals upfront with the kit already before the 4th line was updated.
So the 5th line update is referring to my application or both of us??
I guess this is another batch update just like "we started to process your application" on the AOR date. From different forums, I saw that "Medical Received" was updated for many applicants, including me.

kamatmahesh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Toronto
From Lee's comment above - Line #2 and #3 are redundant. Not sure why they have two lines, false MASS update.

I've had MEDICALS RECEIVED since June 2015, no change after that. I've read a bunch of threads and 14 months from the day of CIC starting processing would be around April 2016 for us.

Sigh ! long wait I believe !!

sab12in

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
24-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-06-2014
Med's Request
10-12-2014
Med's Done....
15-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
21-11-2015
simona87 said:
Hi, I'm a journalist and would like to talk to you. Have written about this before, you can see here if you search website at Globe and Mail, I can't post the links.

Please get in touch - all the emails are confidential, thanks - Simona Chiose - schiose@globeandmail.com
Guies please email her

Destined_6

Oct 31, 2014
So it is a update for those who have done upfront. I dont think , this update is equivalent to Batch update for 1st, 2nd line

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
Destined_6 said:
So it is a update for those who have done upfront. I dont think , this update is equivalent to Batch update for 1st, 2nd line
To clarify your quote.

Medical is separate department - this update will not faster the process but it will save a week time.

If you get a Medical Request from CPC then it is good sign.

Bad thing - CPC is working only on old files they did Eligibility assessment, BUT THAT TOO ON A SNAIL FACE
Good thing - Atleast they are working on old CEC application.

God only knows, when they ll resume for new application. They stopped it in June 2015. From July onwards they are only working on old applications. If they take till decemeber to clear the backlogs and resume applications, we need to hold tight till that time. Considering the face CPC is not very merciful.

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
Lee587 said:
Same here got the 4th line. Hopefully good news soon

1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 7, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 13, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on February 13, 2015.
4. Medical results have been received.
Good to see you have 4 lines, I am late august applicant having only 2 lines updated.

Destined_6

Oct 31, 2014
goalkb said:
To clarify your quote.

Medical is separate department - this update will not faster the process but it will save a week time.

If you get a Medical Request from CPC then it is good sign.

Bad thing - CPC is working only on old files they did Eligibility assessment, BUT THAT TOO ON A SNAIL FACE
Good thing - Atleast they are working on old CEC application.

God only knows, when they ll resume for new application. They stopped it in June 2015. From July onwards they are only working on old applications. If they take till decemeber to clear the backlogs and resume applications, we need to hold tight till that time. Considering the face CPC is not very merciful.
Hi,

True, I was not saying that doing Upfront medicals is going to save time. I was saying this "Medicals Received" update is for those who have done it. Cos August applicants are waiting for the request. My question was, i did upfront medicals for my spouse as well. So does this line referring to both of us or only me?

Thanks

amer88

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
just received the following email:

Your medical exam results have been received by our office and your application is going through the required assessment process.

An officer will contact you if additional documents are required. Please ensure when submitting documents that they are still valid and will not expire within six (6) months as this will delay your application.

We appreciate your patience and keeping correspondence with our office to a minimum and up to date. In order to process request efficiently, we will not be responding to duplicate requests.

Application received Oct 02 2014. my ecas hasn't been updated yet.

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
amer88 said:
just received the following email:

Your medical exam results have been received by our office and your application is going through the required assessment process.

An officer will contact you if additional documents are required. Please ensure when submitting documents that they are still valid and will not expire within six (6) months as this will delay your application.

We appreciate your patience and keeping correspondence with our office to a minimum and up to date. In order to process request efficiently, we will not be responding to duplicate requests.

Application received Oct 02 2014. my ecas hasn't been updated yet.
As part CEC application kit, they should hav given 'Anger Management' episodes or some antidepressant tablets, would have been apt... wats you guys opinion?

jfes2015

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
I think that seeing people get express entry processed in 2 months isn't fair on us at all.

But at the same time, we have to be patient, we have done all we can, its just a waiting game :) Got to stay positive, it will all be worth it in the end im sure.

c2h5oh

Apr 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
kamatmahesh said:
I've had MEDICALS RECEIVED since June 2015, no change after that. I've read a bunch of threads and 14 months from the day of CIC starting processing would be around April 2016 for us.
The worst part is that you have no idea what is going on. I've had 'medicals received' since early March, I'm past 14 months whether you count from application received or AOR, I'm NOT 2nd review or from a high security risk country (just a boring, European Union one..) and nobody has touched my application in over 7 months..