+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC October 2014 Applicants

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gaganpal_2007 said:
The reference letter should be after the date of ur work experience. Let me explain it with example. If you worked in a company till 28th April 2014. The reference letter should be dated 28th April or any date after that.

I did the same. I left the company on 28th April 2014. I got the reference letter from that company on 29th April 2014. i used that for CEC. Now, i used the same letter for EE as my letter is on or after the date of the work experience.

Hope i am able to explain well.
yep i got it. i am in the same situation. did you already get ITA or still waiting ?

sry if i missed ur update on this info, but just want to know if they already sent u an ITA with the previous dated letter.

gaganpal_2007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
I already applied. I got the invitation on 21st August 2015. I prepared the file and applied on 08 September 2015.

elchivo83

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Can I ask what documents you have to provide when you apply through EE? Is it basically all the same as for CEC? If so, you would presumably need to apply for further police background checks, right? Mine took so long the first time, I had to wait two months for one of them.

Also, how much does it cost?

CEC2013RAY

Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Doc's Request.
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
02-03-2015
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
elchivo83 said:
Can I ask what documents you have to provide when you apply through EE? Is it basically all the same as for CEC? If so, you would presumably need to apply for further police background checks, right? Mine took so long the first time, I had to wait two months for one of them.

Also, how much does it cost?
For documents, please check EE forum. I think EE documents list is a personalized list based on your file. For police certificates, yes, when you apply, you would need a valid police certificate within CIC's requirement.

The cost is the same. $550 for processing while $490 for RRPF.

Have you received ITA?

elchivo83

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
OK, thanks. I'll probably just keep going with my CEC application then. I need a police check from Japan and the last one took me two months, so it's not likely to save me much time in the long run.

And what's ITA? So many acronyms, I lose track!

NPrabhu

Oct 15, 2014
Fellow Oct applicant here.
I was all excited because I got my BOWP a few days back. I was thinking all you need is some patience until you become a permanent resident. Looks like the excitement was short lived..
I work in Montreal, QC; and today I had gone to the RAMQ office to get my provincial health plan renewed. And guess what? they refused to renew my health plan. The reason - The BOWP does not mention the work location and employee details... :'(
Looks like I am not the first one to face this situation; and I will have to shell out a good amount on private insurance until I become a Permanent Resident..
I anyways had to start looking for opportunities in other provinces; most likely Ontario. But not sure if the same rules apply there as well...
Meanwhile my company wants to move me to the US; but that is going to take some time. I am really stuck between a rock and a hard place :-\
Guess this whole PR processing delay is going to be a frustrating and expensive affair.

Kota1978

Jan 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2015
Med's Request
24-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2016
Interview........
RPRF email on Mar-03-2016, paid same day.
Passport Req..
14-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-May-2016
LANDED..........
15-May-2016--Yipee!!!!
elchivo83 said:
OK, thanks. I'll probably just keep going with my CEC application then. I need a police check from Japan and the last one took me two months, so it's not likely to save me much time in the long run.

And what's ITA? So many acronyms, I lose track!
ITA = Invitation in Express Entry (EE) system.

CEC2013RAY

Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Doc's Request.
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
02-03-2015
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
NPrabhu said:
I was all excited because I got my BOWP a few days back. I was thinking all you need is some patience until you become a permanent resident. Looks like the excitement was short lived..
I work in Montreal, QC; and today I had gone to the RAMQ office to get my provincial health plan renewed. And guess what? they refused to renew my health plan. The reason - The BOWP does not mention the work location and employee details... :'(
Looks like I am not the first one to face this situation; and I will have to shell out a good amount on private insurance until I become a Permanent Resident..
I anyways had to start looking for opportunities in other provinces; most likely Ontario. But not sure if the same rules apply there as well...
Meanwhile my company wants to move me to the US; but that is going to take some time. I am really stuck between a rock and a hard place :-\
Guess this whole PR processing delay is going to be a frustrating and expensive affair.
Same situation here. Me, my spouse and two of my children lost RAMQ coverage when we got our BOWP. Private insurance is very expensive. I am resigning from my position and planning to move to Ontario for good. We can use BOWP to have OHIP coverage, not sure if a job offer is mandatory though.

Lee587

Sep 25, 2014
NPrabhu said:
Thats weird, Got my BOWP July and got my health card renewed maybe because am in Nova Scotia :-\ Sorry to hear that very weird

CEC2013RAY

Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Doc's Request.
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
02-03-2015
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
Lee587 said:
Thats weird, Got my BOWP July and got my health card renewed maybe because am in Nova Scotia :-\ Sorry to hear that very weird
This situation only applies to Quebec. All commonwealth provinces can be renewed in Canada.

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
I am surprised that the BOWP applications were approved at all, considering the fact that QSW applicants are not eligible for a BOWP according to the CIC homepage.

NPrabhu

Oct 15, 2014
Marlee said:
I am surprised that the BOWP applications were approved at all, considering the fact that QSW applicants are not eligible for a BOWP according to the CIC homepage.
I am not a QSW applicant. I applied via the federal route (CEC); and thus got my BOWP. Of course, I will eventually have to move out of Quebec or prove my intent to do so. The only decision I need to make now is if I should accept my employer's offer and move to the US temporarily or start looking for a new opportunity in another province.

CEC2013RAY

Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Doc's Request.
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
02-03-2015
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
Marlee said:
Impressive. IELTS 8.5 and TEFAQ C1 - are you a native speaker for either of these two languages?

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
I grew up bilingually, which would explain my high IELTS score. French though? Ha! No way! I walked into that test room telling myself that I was from France and didn't know any other language than French. Never spoke that fluently in my life ever again. Never underestimate the power of the mind! :D

NPrabhu

Oct 15, 2014
CEC2013RAY said:
Same situation here. Me, my spouse and two of my children lost RAMQ coverage when we got our BOWP. Private insurance is very expensive. I am resigning from my position and planning to move to Ontario for good. We can use BOWP to have OHIP coverage, not sure if a job offer is mandatory though.
Sorry to hear that. Moving out of Quebec seems to be the right decision at this point. Good luck to you!
I may have to spend a couple of months more here before I move to US temporarily. If that does not work out; will definitely start looking for opportunities outside of Quebec.