+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - NOC B full time job but term, what do i fill and fund requirements

Visitor89

Star Member
Dec 16, 2016
Hello,

I am about to apply for CEC PR as i completed 1 year of work as a full-time employee in NOC B job. My employer will renew my term for 1 more year next month. My question is what do i put on the form, do i have a valid job offer or not?

My job is full time and more than 33 hours per week but it is not permanent, it is a term job, every year i get a 1-year term renewed. The website said if employer agrees to renew my term for 1 year after i get PR then it is considered valid and i can get 50 points for it, does this mean my job is not valid as its true my employer won't let me go but there is no written proof also that i will be able to continue for 3rd year.

If I select I don't have a valid job offer, does this mean that now I have to show the min fund requirement also? i read somewhere that if my job is more than 6 months then i don't need to so, in that case, i can just write a letter explaining my situation?

Please help!

Thank-you

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello,
If I select I don't have a valid job offer, does this mean that now I have to show the min fund requirement also? i read somewhere that if my job is more than 6 months then i don't need to so, in that case, i can just write a letter explaining my situation?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

"Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
My job is full time and more than 33 hours per week but it is not permanent, it is a term job, every year i get a 1-year term renewed. The website said if employer agrees to renew my term for 1 year after i get PR then it is considered valid and i can get 50 points for it, does this mean my job is not valid as its true my employer won't let me go but there is no written proof also that i will be able to continue for 3rd year.
Generally, the offer must be in writing. Also, do you have an LMIA? What kind of work permit do you have?

Criteria for "valid job offer" are here -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

Narayan987

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2014
IELTS Request
Overall 7.0
Med's Request
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-08-2014
Passport Req..
03-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
Hi,

- A valid job offer means, supported by LMIA or if you worked for 1 year on a closed work permit with that employer. The answer in your case will be NO.

- For CEC, you need 1 year experience with full time hours accumulating to minimum 1560 hours in 52 weeks. Which you have based on your answer.

- Regarding proof of funds,

Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer.

REF: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

I hope it helps. Cheers

Hello,

I am about to apply for CEC PR as i completed 1 year of work as a full-time employee in NOC B job. My employer will renew my term for 1 more year next month. My question is what do i put on the form, do i have a valid job offer or not?

Please help!

Thank-you

amathew

Dec 4, 2017
I worked I one year in NOC A job in Canada... but the job is term.....Can I apply under Canadian experience class?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply as long as you have a year of full-time work experience. Having a term job is irrelevant.