+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Medical Examination

richard.kim

Mar 13, 2014
Hi all,

TGIF!
I just wanted to ask a quick question regarding the medical examination results.
My doctor recently uploaded (April 2nd) to the CIC online system.
I was just wondering if anyone can give me an indication of time it takes for the VO/CIC to update my ECAS after this is uploaded.
I have already paid my RRPF and am just waiting for the medical examination component to be completed.

Thanks!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
richard.kim said:
Hi all,

TGIF!
I just wanted to ask a quick question regarding the medical examination results.
I was just wondering if anyone can give me an indication of time it takes for the VO/CIC to update my ECAS after this is uploaded.
I have already paid my RRPF and am just waiting for the medical examination component to be completed.

Thanks!
After uploading the results in can take anywhere between 3 days to 2 weeks in order for
ECAS to update. Do not entirely rely on the information on ECAS tho, it's always a little behind.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
richard.kim said:
Hi all,

TGIF!

Thanks!
After how much time of medicals ur doc uploaded the results

richard.kim

Mar 13, 2014
gladaki said:
After how much time of medicals ur doc uploaded the results
If I understand your question correctly, you are asking how long my doctor took to upload the results.
In my case, it took him exactly two weeks to upload the results.
I think it should typically take shorter but I suspect that somehow it fell through the cracks.
I gave the doctor's office a call exactly 2 weeks after the examination was done to check if they have submitted my results.
The receptionist said that it hasn't been submitted yet but will be submitted in that week.
The next day when I called back to check again, the receptionist told me that it was submitted on the day I made the call.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

richard.kim said:
If I understand your question correctly, you are asking how long my doctor took to upload the results.
In my case, it took him exactly two weeks to upload the results.
I think it should typically take shorter but I suspect that somehow it fell through the cracks.
I gave the doctor's office a call exactly 2 weeks after the examination was done to check if they have submitted my results.
The receptionist said that it hasn't been submitted yet but will be submitted in that week.
The next day when I called back to check again, the receptionist told me that it was submitted on the day I made the call.
1. You know that the results aren't retrieved by the Local Visa Office? They are retrieved by the Regional Immigration Medical Centre, where they are reviewed and coded. The LVO retrieves the coded results from the RIMC and then posts them on Ecas.

richard.kim

Mar 13, 2014
PMM said:
Hi

1. You know that the results aren't retrieved by the Local Visa Office? They are retrieved by the Regional Immigration Medical Centre, where they are reviewed and coded. The LVO retrieves the coded results from the RIMC and then posts them on Ecas.
I knew this from talking to the receptionist at the Doctor's office.
What I'm saying above is that the Doctor took 2 weeks to upload the results online available for the Immigration Medical Centre.

richard.kim

Mar 13, 2014
I was just wondering if anyone can inform me of the expected timeline between Medical Examination results being uploaded and CoPR?
The doctor noted that my results were uploaded last Wednesday but have not seen any update on ECAS.
How long does it typically take CIC to update ECAS for medical examination results?

Thanks!

sophie_fr

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2013
AOR Received.
19-06-2013
Med's Request
19-02-2014
Med's Done....
21-02-2014
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
LANDED..........
06-04-2014
The doctor sent my results on a Tuesday morning and I got my COPR in the mail the Tuesday after, so exactly one week. My ecas changed to medical results and decision made on the Saturday night.

But iam_toby is right, it can take up to 2 weeks or even more and ecas is not reliable. All applications are different. I sent my application in May and it started being processed at the same time as the July applications. We all have to wait longer at one point or another during the process. Your COPR will come in due time, no need to worry yet :)

DavisJun2013

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jun-2013
richard.kim said:
I was just wondering if anyone can inform me of the expected timeline between Medical Examination results being uploaded and CoPR?
The doctor noted that my results were uploaded last Wednesday but have not seen any update on ECAS.
How long does it typically take CIC to update ECAS for medical examination results?

Thanks!
I think it varies, takes a week to months to get PPR after Medical done.it's been 2 months I got medical request(Feb 11)
I have done my medicals on Feb 12 and Doctor uploaded Feb 22. ECAS still shows "in-Progress" and no PPR yet, it doesn't even show Medicals Received.