+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC May 2018 applicants

bobitto

Jan 31, 2018
I think they request RCMP if the case is being processed outside of Canada, since Canadian officers probably have access to police records of applicants.
IMO,

ajeet.ims

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Canada
I think they request RCMP if the case is being processed outside of Canada, since Canadian officers probably have access to police records of applicants.
IMO,
This is incorrect. RCMP is requested if person lived in Canada in past or currently living in Canada. It has nothing to do with file processing location. RCMP does a fingerprint based check to confirm if the person has a criminal record in their database.

Reactions: bimale4bipeople

bobitto

Jan 31, 2018
This is incorrect. RCMP is requested if person lived in Canada in past or currently living in Canada. It has nothing to do with file processing location. RCMP does a fingerprint based check to confirm if the person has a criminal record in their database.
If person is applying under CEC, then in most cases person lives in Canada. Few posts back people were saying that it isn't requested all the time

ajeet.ims

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Canada
If person is applying under CEC, then in most cases person lives in Canada. Few posts back people were saying that it isn't requested all the time
Yes, it is not requested for everyone. Only if applicants name matches with someone with same name having a criminal record in Canada, they request RCMP to verify based on fingerprint.

Ashare

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
Hey All !

My AOR May 2nd
Background check changed to IP1 “your application in progress....” on May 09th
And meds passed on May 18th

No additional documents were requested and background check is still the same.
Is it normal ? Should I be worried ?:(:(

Jun 1, 2018
I have a situation. When can i plan my marriage? I'm getting married to the love of my life soon. But holding back due to possible implications on my profile. When i created the profile, i was not married. I'm in the pool with 437 points. I'm CEC class with work permit expiring end of next year. How do i approach this situation?

1. Get married, my profile gets updated, bring spouse as dependent on my work visa, apply jointly for PR status.

2. Wait for profile to get picked, get married after I get the PR and bring wife and apply for her PR later?

3. When can I get married and let CIC know without hurting my PR application?

Can someone add me to the whatsapp group?

HADDY

Jul 15, 2017
I have a situation. When can i plan my marriage? I'm getting married to the love of my life soon. But holding back due to possible implications on my profile. When i created the profile, i was not married. I'm in the pool with 437 points. I'm CEC class with work permit expiring end of next year. How do i approach this situation?

1. Get married, my profile gets updated, bring spouse as dependent on my work visa, apply jointly for PR status.

2. Wait for profile to get picked, get married after I get the PR and bring wife and apply for her PR later?

3. When can I get married and let CIC know without hurting my PR application?

Can someone add me to the whatsapp group?
YOU can add your wife during the processing or at the very end. you will be sent a form to inquire if u got married during the processing of your application or you had a baby. it isnt something you should bother about for now.
wish u a happy married life ahead...

LunaMay

May 26, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
08-05-2018
AOR Received.
08-05-2018
Hey LunaMay,

Are you a PGWP holder? Coz i see that they asked for IMM5669 from you, as we did submit this when we applied for our PGWP

My timeline is

ITA: 26th March 2018
AOR: 11th May 2018
Medical passed: 19th May 2018
Hi Abdullahishaq,

No, I'm not a PGWP holder, at least not since 2016. However, it looks like IMM5669 request is pretty common among applicants.
Most of people are asked to submit this schedule A form when they have selected yes for one or a few statutory questions. I believe I have indicated that once I was refused visa to the US, so that might have triggered the request.

LunaMay

May 26, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
08-05-2018
AOR Received.
08-05-2018
ITA - March 26
AOR -May 10
Mode of Application : Online (Through GC Key)

Submitted my application with my spouse pregnancy differ letter.
Current status is medical, Eligibility, Background checks are in progress. Does anyone in this group has similar condition?
Hi Shiv.nkumar,
I was in very similar situation. I had to go through the medical exam in March, being 4 months pregnant. I didn't want to do the X-ray, but when I called IRCC i was told that my immigration will be put on hold until after I deliver and can do the X-ray.
Basically, your immigration will be in "progress" status until medical is done in full. No decision will be made until then.

In my unique situation, my work permit was coming to an end, without work permit I'd lose my OHIP and SIN, and without SIN I can't qualify for mat benefits. I really relied on getting my PR before the delivery, so I had no choice but to sign all the doctors waivers and take the risks.

arcoffire10

Oct 2, 2014
Hey Guys,

Couple of questions -
1. Do you need to submit your PG work permit in the CEC application?
2. In my employment letter, my employer listed I started working for the company in March 2015, which I did as a part time sales associate only working 20 hours as I was studying and then once i got work permit I started working full time in April 2017, now I have realized I did not list the part time sales associate job anywhere, I did not think about it as I was not claiming points for it but as the letter states started work in March 2015 when I was student, I am scared that VO may consider this as misrepresentation, what should I do?

Aor -May 19
MEP - May 30
IP2 - May 30

Ashare

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
Hey All !

My AOR May 2nd
Background check changed to IP1 “your application in progress....” on May 09th
And meds passed on May 18th

No additional documents were requested and background check is still the same.
Is it normal ? Should I be worried ?:(:(

bobitto

Jan 31, 2018
Any updates guys?

I got ADR 25 May, submitted docs on 31 May.
Next day saw an update: medicals passed. Few days later: you don't need medical exam. Today it changed again to: medicals passed. What does that mean? No other changes noticed. Eligibility ongoing, background ongoing.

AOR was 17 May.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Any updates guys?

I got ADR 25 May, submitted docs on 31 May.
Next day saw an update: medicals passed. Few days later: you don't need medical exam. Today it changed again to: medicals passed. What does that mean? No other changes noticed. Eligibility ongoing, background ongoing.

AOR was 17 May.
What was the ADR for ?