+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC inland quitting job on a closed work permit

Eisuk

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Hi guys,

I have been on a closed work permit for the last almost 3 years and got my CEC inland AOR in May 2019. My closed work permit is not related to my Express Entry application and I did not tick "valid job offer" or "arranged employment" when submitted my application. I just used that work experience to claim points for experience in Canada (I chose "2-3 years of experience" option when submitting) and on a day I joined the pool I had already had 2.5 years of Canadian experience with that employer.
Will my points be recalculated if I quit my job? As I mentioned I just used the length of my work experience on a closed permit but I did not claim points for "valid job offer" as it is not related to my EE CEC application.

Thanks!

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
Hi guys,

I have been on a closed work permit for the last almost 3 years and got my CEC inland AOR in May 2019. My closed work permit is not related to my Express Entry application and I did not tick "valid job offer" or "arranged employment" when submitted my application. I just used that work experience to claim points for experience in Canada (I chose "2-3 years of experience" option when submitting) and on a day I joined the pool I had already had 2.5 years of Canadian experience with that employer.
Will my points be recalculated if I quit my job? As I mentioned I just used the length of my work experience on a closed permit but I did not claim points for "valid job offer" as it is not related to my EE CEC application.

Thanks!
It should not impact as your work experience is calculated as on AOR date. I am assuming you did quit after AOR date.