+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC gets refused, But I do qualify every requirement!!

wufan33

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The visa officer 46 and 56 in the Ottawa office have a really high percentage of refusal rate ( I been monitoring a few immigration forums for the past a few months, sometimes I see 3 cases declined per day on average)
You really have to assume the visa officer knows nothing about you and your background, your job/application is to convince them why do you qualify. Especially both of them are brand new to the job. Your proof has to be so perfect that they can't find any excuses to decline you. Otherwise you are just playing luck.
What you could do is get a letter from your school now and mail to them or their supervisor, and see if that helps.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
wow... did not know they use #s instead of a first name. Strange!

akalai

Apr 5, 2012
Thanks for all your replies guys.
I sent several emails to the immigration officer back and forth, today they replied me they are gonna re-consider my case.

Good luck to you all!

wufan33

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good luck! I know someone who is going through the exact what you have right now. Ottawa is re opening the case right now. Should be a good news for both of you.

spartan18

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Hi guys...I have a similar issue. I graduated from centennial college in december 2010. My program was 2 years/4 semesters with breaks.But I failed in 1 course and had to take an extra semester to complete that. So i took 5 semesters to complete my program. Will there be a problem in immigration.?

torontobwoy

Jan 9, 2012
Congratulations, on getting your case reconsidered. My application was refused as well based on the case officer who could not reach my employer because she was out of office when they called, i am trying to reply to the email and get them to reconsider my case as well now that my employer is back in office. My question to you akalai is, how many emails did you send them before they said they will reconsider your application?

akalai

Apr 5, 2012
Thanks.
I sent four emails in total. They didn't approve the re-consideration request in the beginning. Then I replied back, and they replied.....
Finally they agreed in the 4th email.
My experience is that they will always reply, you don't have to send the same email twice.
Good luck.

torontobwoy said:
Congratulations, on getting your case reconsidered. My application was refused as well based on the case officer who could not reach my employer because she was out of office when they called, i am trying to reply to the email and get them to reconsider my case as well now that my employer is back in office. My question to you akalai is, how many emails did you send them before they said they will reconsider your application?

torontobwoy

Jan 9, 2012
Thanks for your reply. I sent an email this afternoon, hopefully i get a reply soon. Do you think the email has to be formal like writing a formal letter or should i just send a normal email, also keep us posted on the update of your case. It helps people like me stay postive about my case as well.

yasoni

Star Member
May 2, 2012
akalai said:
Thanks.
I sent four emails in total. They didn't approve the re-consideration request in the beginning. Then I replied back, and they replied.....
Finally they agreed in the 4th email.
My experience is that they will always reply, you don't have to send the same email twice.
Good luck.
Hi,

Could you please let me know how long it took them to reply your email?

Thanks

akalai

Apr 5, 2012
I wrote the letter in a very formal way, but I doubt it matters...
They always gave me reply in one week.

yasoni

Star Member
May 2, 2012
torontobwoy said:
Okay, Thanks and keep us posted on your case progress.
The VO agreed to re-open my case and it will continue to be processed.
Good luck to all of us.

hbic

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
new york
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-jul-2010
AOR Received.
07-dec-2010
File Transfer...
05-apr-2011
Med's Request
20-jul-2011
Med's Done....
03-aug-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-sep-2011
VISA ISSUED...
23-sep-2011
LANDED..........
07-oct-2011
hi everyone. this case is very interesting. actually, in the cic website, it says you must have studied in canada full time for 2 years. it can be 2 yr diploma or certificate, 1 yr master's and 1 yr diploma or certificate. i have a question, did you get a certificate or diploma here in canada prior to your master's? coz if you didn't, probably that was the reason. or you can contest that, that you studied in canada full time for 2 years in master's degree. the immigration allowed 2 years in diploma or certificate, how much more if it is 2 years in master's. does it make sense? i would say you go for appeal! this is not right! if the officer's opinion that you are not qualified for the reason that your course was 2 yr program, and the officer is claiming that the program should be 1 yr. it doesn't matter as long as you finished your diploma in canada too! if in case that you obtained your 1 or 2 yr diploma in canada prior to your master's, i can give you your argument. just include this to your letter or argument: "IRPR87.1(2)(D)" it says that a foreign national is a member of Canadian Experience Class if they have acquired in Canada within the 24 months before the day on which their application for permanent residence is made at least 12 months of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work experience, in one or more occupations that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix, and have acquired that work experience after having obtained a graduate degree from a
provincially recognized post-secondary educational institution in Canada issued on the completion of a program of full-time study of at least one year's duration and within two years after obtaining a degree or diploma from a post secondary institution recognized in Canada.

the argument here is the word used as "program of full-time study of at least one year's duration" so at least one year means minimum of one year and can be more than 1 year. i am only referring to the reply of the officer, but there might be other reasons.

you can call the immigration to clarify this.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
No problem at all, as long as your study permit was valid during the entire period of study.

spartan18 said:
Hi guys...I have a similar issue. I graduated from centennial college in december 2010. My program was 2 years/4 semesters with breaks.But I failed in 1 course and had to take an extra semester to complete that. So i took 5 semesters to complete my program. Will there be a problem in immigration.?

torontobwoy

Jan 9, 2012
Yasoni,

What was your reason for rejection? How many times did you email them back and forth? ive sent them 2 emails and they have not yet agreed to reopen my case. My case was refused based on them not able to get in touch with my employer who was out of office. Good luck on your case processing.