+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC for girlfriend. Will 2 weeks shy of experience still be accepted?

snowjunkie

Jun 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec, 2010
AOR Received.
April 25, 2011
Med's Request
Oct 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 12, 2011
Passport Req..
Apr 13, 2012
Hi there.

So my girlfriend qualifies for PNP, so easily it's not even funny. Unfortunately her company will not fill out the forms due to "legal reasons". A real shame. Think it's to do with the advertising of the position.

So, now she is left to apply for CEC. She has nearly 2 years experience as a manager in retail. She has 2 degrees, and knows fluent french. (She is french). Very fluent in English of course.

I am wondering, her VISA is actually 6 weeks shy of qualifying for the 2 years required, so we thought we'd get implied status for about 4 weeks, using a VISA extension application to buy time. Can we apply, and HOPE that the 2 weeks short isn't really counted?

How do they tell this?

In her last position, she wasn't a manager, but a supervisor, so similar style of work and level. Can she use this? Does she need letters of reference? Will they check these?

I have my PR, however we have lived in different cities 2 years now so cannot use a common law application.

Any help would be so appreciated. Would love to keep her here obviously!

Pouce

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
science
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2011
Med's Request
21-Sep-2011
Med's Done....
16-NOv-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-Aug-2012
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2012
Hi i dont understand what you are talking about?
why dont you extend working permit? did you get positive LMO? what do you mean to buy time?
and i dont think they accept 2 weeks short. you can try though.

snowjunkie

Jun 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec, 2010
AOR Received.
April 25, 2011
Med's Request
Oct 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 12, 2011
Passport Req..
Apr 13, 2012
Oh I see.

Sorry; she is on a WHP, not a WP.

By buy time, I mean apply for an extension which costs 150, and takes ~4 weeks to process. Normally they decline these. What I did when I applied for PR so I could keep working.

Pouce

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
science
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2011
Med's Request
21-Sep-2011
Med's Done....
16-NOv-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-Aug-2012
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2012
Hi I see that working experience in CEC reduce from 2 to 1 year.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/changes-coming-to-cec-program-t115584.0.html
you should look it up. may be good news for your GF.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
The rules have not changed, so foreign workers still need 2 years of work experience. Here's the guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609ETOC.asp

Pouce said:
Hi I see that working experience in CEC reduce from 2 to 1 year.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/changes-coming-to-cec-program-t115584.0.html
you should look it up. may be good news for your GF.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
To apply as a foreign worker under CEC, she needs at least 24 months of skilled full time work experience. Letters of exployment from past and current employers in the past 3 years are required, as well as the most recent T4 and notice of assessment.

Consider providing a copy of the employer guide for a labor market opinion(LMO) to her employer and see if they will change their mind. Sometimes employers are reluctant because 1). they are not familiar with the process, 2.) myths about it, 3.) unfounded legal issues

As I understand, they hold applications without LMOs for 2 months before making a decision. She may be able to obtain the 2-week experience and little more if she gets implied status. Also, she could try to find a job that is LMO-exempt and skilled.

You don't say which province she resides in, but she can look into the provincial nominee programs too. As a French citizen, I imagine she is visa-exempt to Canada? She may apply to change her status to visitor but this means she can not continue to work.

snowjunkie said:
Hi there.

So my girlfriend qualifies for PNP, so easily it's not even funny. Unfortunately her company will not fill out the forms due to "legal reasons". A real shame. Think it's to do with the advertising of the position.

So, now she is left to apply for CEC. She has nearly 2 years experience as a manager in retail. She has 2 degrees, and knows fluent french. (She is french). Very fluent in English of course.

I am wondering, her VISA is actually 6 weeks shy of qualifying for the 2 years required, so we thought we'd get implied status for about 4 weeks, using a VISA extension application to buy time. Can we apply, and HOPE that the 2 weeks short isn't really counted?

How do they tell this?

In her last position, she wasn't a manager, but a supervisor, so similar style of work and level. Can she use this? Does she need letters of reference? Will they check these?

I have my PR, however we have lived in different cities 2 years now so cannot use a common law application. Marriage just doesn't seem right, we aren't really at that stage we don't think. It's for the wrong reason right now!

Any help would be so appreciated. Would love to keep her here obviously!