08-09-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2017
LANDED..........
24-03-2018
Dear Experts

i need your expert advice on my situation.
I have just submitted my express entry profile and my crs score is 441. I have 1 year of full time experience in Canada so I am looking forward to apply under the CEC provided i get an ITA. My full work experience is in Quebec and i am currently in India. So most likely I would have to convince the VO that I want to remain away from Quebec through some means like letter of intent or something like that.
Yesterday I have received a Notification of Interest letter from Ontario through my IRCC online account. Now i am confused whether i should first apply for ontario pnp so as to improve my chances of getting a PR with work experience in Quebec or I should directly apply for express entry after getting an ITA. Looking at the current trend of the crs score i have a strong feeling that I might receive ita in the next draw.

Please provide your expert comment about how should i go about my situation,

Reactions: Mjkab

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016
Dear Experts

I have just submitted my express entry profile and my crs score is 441. I have 1 year of full time experience in Canada so I am looking forward to apply under the CEC provided i get an ITA. My full work experience is in Quebec and i am currently in India. So most likely I would have to convince the VO that I want to remain away from Quebec through some means like letter of intent or something like that.
Yesterday I have received a Notification of Interest letter from Ontario through my IRCC online account. Now i am confused whether i should first apply for ontario pnp so as to improve my chances of getting a PR with work experience in Quebec or I should directly apply for express entry after getting an ITA. Looking at the current trend of the crs score i have a strong feeling that I might receive ita in the next draw.

Hi,
I am not an expert in this area since I am almost in the same type of your situation. I am sorry I cannot advise you but I need your help!!

I am living in Montreal. I have applied for CSQ on the regular skilled category in 2016/Jan. I am still waiting for CSQ result. In the meantime, my current PGWP is expiring on 15/08/17. I have a family here in with my kids. So in this situation what I can do?
If I want to apply for EE, it would be very tough to prove my intention to live outside Quebec.
Please advise. Thanks.
Jahan

Narayan987

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2014
IELTS Request
Overall 7.0
Med's Request
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-08-2014
Passport Req..
03-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
Hi,

Don't waste your time and money on PNP. You will receive ITA in the next draw hopefully.. Good luck :)

Dear Experts

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Dear Experts
My full work experience is in Quebec and i am currently in India. So most likely I would have to convince the VO that I want to remain away from Quebec through some means like letter of intent or something like that.
Yesterday I have received a Notification of Interest letter from Ontario through my IRCC online account. Now i am confused whether i should first apply for ontario pnp so as to improve my chances of getting a PR with work experience in Quebec or I should directly apply for express entry after getting an ITA.
If you apply for the Ontario PNP, you would still have to prove ties to Ontario. From the application guide:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html

"You will be required to list your established ties to Ontario. Ties to Ontario can include but are not limited to, the following:

• Current and/or previous employment in Ontario,
• Job offers or jobs applied/interviewed for in Ontario,
• Education in Ontario,
• Volunteer work in Ontario,
• Lease agreements for a residence in Ontario or property ownership,
• Professional networks and affiliations,
• Family ties,
• Social connections or personal relationships, and/or
• Previous visits to Ontario."

If you can do this, you can do this on the CEC application too, and don't really need the PNP (just my opinion).

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I am not an expert in this area since I am almost in the same type of your situation. I am sorry I cannot advise you but I need your help!!

I am living in Montreal. I have applied for CSQ on the regular skilled category in 2016/Jan. I am still waiting for CSQ result. In the meantime, my current PGWP is expiring on 15/08/17. I have a family here in with my kids. So in this situation what I can do?
If I want to apply for EE, it would be very tough to prove my intention to live outside Quebec.
Please advise. Thanks.
Jahan
Unless you're willing to withdraw your CSQ application you should not apply for EE. If you do withdraw your application then you better have a good explanation that you'll reside outside of Quebec or you'll be looking at rejection.

You cannot intent to live in Quebec and at the same time intent to live outside Quebec.

livingincanada2016

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hi,

Don't waste your time and money on PNP. You will receive ITA in the next draw hopefully.. Good luck :)
You are having a valid job offer, but i am on a closed work permit as of now.
I have total point of 439 and may get ITA in next draw without PNP. In a separate thread you advised me to go for ITA without PNP. My question is does it matter whether i have job offer or closed work permit, i am currently in Canada, working.

I am replying here as there are more people with same situation like me here.

Narayan987

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2014
IELTS Request
Overall 7.0
Med's Request
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-08-2014
Passport Req..
03-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
Hi,

I didn't proceed with the PNP stream because it was paper based and long processing time. I received ITA under CEC.

If you have one year experience in Canada, you are eligible under Canadian Experience Class. Doesn't matter if it was on open work permit or closed work permit but you will eligible for another 50 points if you worked for 1 year under closed work permit.

The reason i wouldn't suggest anyone with 420 points to apply for PNP because, the recent draws are around 413-415, so you guys have higher chances to get an ITA.

You are having a valid job offer, but i am on a closed work permit as of now.
I have total point of 439 and may get ITA in next draw without PNP. In a separate thread you advised me to go for ITA without PNP. My question is does it matter whether i have job offer or closed work permit, i am currently in Canada, working.

I am replying here as there are more people with same situation like me here.